Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mfg. Date?

Go down

Mfg. Date? Empty Mfg. Date?

Post  Guest October 30th 2009, 6:28 pm

I just bought an older Craftsman tractor with two attachments. It came with a nice 32" snowblower a model no. 131.8072 and a very nice 36" aluminum mowing deck. I cannot find the tag for the tractor, it has a cast aluminum grille and dashboard. I was wondering if the blower could be dated for its age or maybe someone could help with identifying the tractor itself. The 10 H.P. engine I have running fine, and the hydrostatic tranny seems OK so far (even with the linkage messed up bad). I can't seem to find anything on this site that looks like the unit I now have. Thanks in advance............ Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Mfg. Date? Empty mfg. date....

Post  55utilit November 4th 2009, 5:37 pm

After much Googleing I think I have a model # 131.96712 unit. By the looks of the tractor to searsdirect.com. I was able to download some parts assembly diagrams which were very helpful. It would be good to have an owners manual to answer some questions. Just wondering what kind of oil to use to top up the hydrostatic drive............. cheers Question

55utilit

Back to top Go down