Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19?? suburban

2 posters

Go down

19?? suburban Empty 19?? suburban

Post  Murphdogg59 December 21st 2008, 5:45 pm

i bought this tractor from a friend he thinks its a 12 horse and possibly a 1965 but lookedup some pics seems more like 1970 although is has the starter/generator on it i need any kind of info as in owners /repair manuals as i dont even know how to attach the mowing deck. it also will NOT keep a charge it has many newer parts we put a solonoid into it as they had ign. straight to battery motor was completely rebuilt but we cant seem to find any i d numbers anywhere on the block or frame any help would be much apreciated as my grandfather had a suburban very similar to this and i loved his if i cant keep this running i may have to part with it as wife has about had all my cursing she can handle!!
Murphdogg59
Murphdogg59

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

19?? suburban Empty Re: 19?? suburban

Post  spence December 22nd 2008, 9:40 am

Is there a problem with the battery, or is your charging system not working? You can do a quick test on the charging system with a cheap voltmeter to see if there is output from the generator.

There are no official repair manuals for the tractors that I know of. Techumseh engine repair manuals are available, but the rest of the tractor is pretty straight forward in design. There are sources for operating instructions and repair manuals. This will help with the mower mounting issue.

Feel free to upload some pictures of your tractor on this site. We can be much more helpful if we see a picture of what you are talking about. No doubt someone here will be able to answer your question or at least lead you in the right direction.

Very Happy

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

19?? suburban Empty 19?? suburban

Post  Murphdogg59 December 22nd 2008, 6:35 pm

thank you spence already tried different variations of charging system wirings and was told it is charging although it keeps draining the battery .i will try to upload some pics as soon as possible is it possible the charge gauge is faulty if so how do i check that??as for straight forward im mechanically declined so any pictures of or schematics of assembly of mowing deck would be helpful .also i need to bull the brake back in order to get movement fom transmission am i maybe missing a drive pulley or spring??and i would love to get original decals if anyone knows where i can get some or maybe replicas i do know it IS a suburban i believe it was ss 12
Murphdogg59
Murphdogg59

Back to top Go down

19?? suburban Empty picture

Post  Murphdogg59 December 23rd 2008, 8:45 am

its not the greatest picture but hope it will help. shes ford blue couldnt find original paint and named her babe the blue Ox!!
Murphdogg59
Murphdogg59

Back to top Go down

19?? suburban Empty Re: 19?? suburban

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum