Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TECH. HELP FOR MEMBERS

3 posters

Go down

TECH. HELP FOR MEMBERS Empty TECH. HELP FOR MEMBERS

Post  Georgia SS September 15th 2011, 11:24 am

HI I HAVE BEEN A LURKER FOR YEARS BUT DECIDED TO JOIN IN. WITH THE HOPE THAT I MAY BE ABLE TO ADD A BIT OF INFORMATION FOR SOME OF THE SEARS TRACTOR OWNERS. ABOUT BELTS, SEALS, BEARINGS, PULLYS, STEERING PARTS. I AM A PRESENT RESTORING SEVERAL GT & ST TRACTORS SO I FOUND THE NEED TO BE ABLE TO REBUILD AND REPAIR A LOT OF PARTS. A SIMPLE TRICK FOR LOOSE STEERING IDLERS AND SPINDLES SIMPLY CUT A PIECE OF ALUMINUM DRINK CAN ROLL IT UP AND MAKE A BUSHING. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO US EBAY BUT THAT IS WHERE THE PARTS ARE, SHOP DON'T BUY THE FIRST PART YOU SEE.

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

TECH. HELP FOR MEMBERS Empty Re: TECH. HELP FOR MEMBERS

Post  spence September 16th 2011, 2:23 pm

Thanks for the tips!

I keep an eye on my local metal recycler. They put aside most mowers and tractors until people have a chance to pick them over. Then they grind them up. I'm amazed at the stuff I see there every time I go.

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  benski September 16th 2011, 2:42 pm

Georgia SS, welcome. It is amazing what's out there, and what we as Americans throw away. No Shocked I think any reasonable level of effort to reduce the trash we make on this planet is a good one. And that certainly includes giving new life to older, well-made mowers. cheers Laughing

benski

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum