Super !2 67 ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super !2 67 ??

Post  Bigkid61 on February 14th 2013, 9:12 am

I have purchased a Super 12 The only numbers found are stamped into the engine 143-652062 Ser # 5105E How do I determine what year ? Is there any other locations on tractor to find ID numbers so I can firgut out what years ? Thanks for any suggstions

Bigkid61

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super !2 67 ??

Post  indycrafter on February 23rd 2013, 7:17 pm

Bigkid61 wrote:I have purchased a Super 12 The only numbers found are stamped into the engine 143-652062 Ser # 5105E How do I determine what year ? Is there any other locations on tractor to find ID numbers so I can firgut out what years ? Thanks for any suggstions

I go by color more than anything on the old ones. They were like old Ford trucks, you can only cross reference part numbers to some degree. Your tractor should be blue if it is a 67 ss12. Most early Sears (made by Roper) only had a serial and ID near the shifter.

I'm still trying to figure out if David Brown bought Roper or just renamed their small garden tractor Roper. The ss should have a cigarette lighter and possibly show a ring of rust around the rear wheels where the hubcaps were. The 67 front had like two rectangle blocks top center. Quite different style than other years at the front of the hood.

indycrafter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top