SS16 Twin carb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SS16 Twin carb

Post  TheNCStantons on April 26th 2013, 8:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I know my question has been answered before, but I don't think recently. At least not that I saw.

I recently inherited a '73 or '74 Sears SS16 Twin. The model is 917.25950, serial number is 8272. It has the Onan 16 hp v-twin model BF-MS/2833E, serial number C763162176. I got this with a home purchase, as it has been on the property since new and the last owner felt it should stay.

This machine has been outside for at least the last 6 years. The mower deck is a complete waste, but it comes with a 3 point hitch, plow, disc harrow, trailer, blade and homemade scarifier. Except for the scarifier, everything is Sears implements, and I have all the original owners manuals. The previous owner said it had been running but the carb seemed to be running dry. He opened the carb and the float "disintegrated" in his hands. Before I did anything, I spent the money to get a brass float.

Well, I opened the carb, which is a DD-11. He didn't put anything back together when the float "disintegrated". The pin, spring, needle..... is all missing.

Can anyone recommened a VERY COMPLETE rebuild kit, or an inexpensive replacement carb?? For some reason I really want to get this old machine running again. If so, then I'll start sandblasting, sanding and painting. If I can get the motor running, I can explain the money to restore this piece. We all know how the wife will want the cash outlay explained.

Any and all help will be very much appreciated,
Thank you,
Richard Stanton

TheNCStantons

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top