Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawn Mower Rodeo

Go down

Lawn Mower Rodeo Empty Lawn Mower Rodeo

Post  jgbever February 18th 2009, 9:33 am

Hi,
We have a small campground located in Rochester IN, . Each year we put on a Garden Tractor Rodeo, we normally get a good turn out and have a lot of fun. We start the day by signing the national anthem then doing a parade. Our events include best looking/ugliest tractor, a limbo, drag race, obstacle course, trailer backing contest, bumper chain pull, fast retrieval and many more. We always end the Day with a pull featuring the new flying boat "The Humbler". Our track is up hill for something different. The rules are simple, tractor must be all stock mechanically, just remove the mower deck.Any mower will do we have antiques to brand new. There is no age or sex gap. People of all ages participate. Its a great deal of fun!! I have geared it towards the way it used to be a the county fair. We also find a charity to raise money for. Last year it was the animal shelter. The local 4H comes in and serves food to raise money for there projects. we give out great prizes and have a former Radio DJ to host the event. This year I want to ad a Tractor Show element and possibly a swap meat. I am contacting you because I need a club to host that part of it. Let me know if this sounds good for you and your club. We Do Rodeos on the Sunday of Memorial (may 24th) and Labor day weekend! I would think we could do the show on saturday and then thought the rodeo. This year we havent put labor day on the schedule because of the economy but if memorial goes well we do it and are also going to add one on the 4th. I appreciate your time and look forward to your response !

Take Care,
Jeff Bever
Lakeview Campground
574 835 0470

jgbever

Back to top Go down