Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

2 posters

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post  rplumley November 4th 2013, 4:11 pm

Greetings!
Just joined the forum, thought I'd introduce myself.
I live in Talking Rock, Georgia (about an hour north of Atlanta, an hour south of the border with Tennessee and North Carolina).
I have a Custom 10XL (Model #917-25590) which I bought from my Grandfather, who was the original owner as far as I am aware...

I'm looking forward to learning about the tractor and getting to use it... but my first question is "does anyone have a good replacement airfilter for these beasties?" I have not yet perused the local auto stores to see what they have available....

Ron
rplumley
rplumley

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-11-04

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post  TKW November 4th 2013, 4:53 pm

ron, go to sears parts site enter, in your case, the engine model number , on the parts list find the part number for the air filter (or whatever part you are looking for). sears may still offer the part usually at a high dollar plus shipping. just enter the part number in your search box, you may be surprised by the number of aftermarket or discount part dealers that will have what you are looking for.also try entering part number on e-bay. hope this helps /// tim

TKW

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  rplumley November 4th 2013, 5:03 pm

Thanks!
Did that, though, and the air cleaner is "No longer available".... as were a number of parts on the tractor.
rplumley
rplumley

Back to top Go down

Post  TKW November 4th 2013, 5:29 pm

ron , the air filter part number should still be shown for your engine, is that a briggs or tecumseh ? /// tim

TKW

Back to top Go down

Post  rplumley November 5th 2013, 1:20 am

Hrm. Good point. Looking at it further, the part # resolves back to "Engine"... not "air filter"... just points at the air filter in the picture.
rplumley
rplumley

Back to top Go down

Post  TKW November 5th 2013, 9:41 am

ron, looked at my compact 8 for some numbers, it has a briggs engine. these may never had a sears engine number assigned to them, the 143. prefix number. i may be totally wrong about that if someone knows about this please chime in. the engine number is located on the starter / shroud side the number should be stamped in the stroud itself. my 8hp engine has three sets of numbers MODEL XXXXXX TYPE XXXX-XX CODE XXXXXXX / tim

TKW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum