Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom 7 FREE - Mass

2 posters

Go down

Custom 7 FREE - Mass Empty Custom 7 FREE - Mass

Post  caperail March 9th 2014, 11:37 pm

I have a Custom 7 free for the taking.  In looking at a few pictures I think it may be from 1969.  

I'm hoping not to have to part it out, and I'm also hoping not to have to just scrap it as it's still got many usable parts and/or might even be able to run again someday.  I'd really like to see it go to someone who can use the parts or restore it to use.  I've long intended to work on it and get it back in running condition, but the years go past and I haven't touched it.  

It did run when my Dad acquired it back in the early 1990's, but by the mid '90s it was sitting and hasn't turned a wheel since.  As far as I can recall it was running when it was parked.  I seem to recall the engine would burn a bit of oil and smoke, and you had to hold it in reverse otherwise it would jump out of gear.  It has a mower deck (aluminum as I recall) that was in useable but poor condition.

I'm on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  I would be willing to try to help with getting it out of it's current location and onto your truck (or ideally trailer).  So again, hoping to find someone who can use its parts to keep other tractors running or who wants to try restoring it.

Please reply to this posting, or feel free to email: cape <DOT> rail <AT> verizon <DOT> net

Thanks,

Andrew
Cape Cod, MA

caperail

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-09

Back to top Go down

Custom 7 FREE - Mass Empty Re: Custom 7 FREE - Mass

Post  ss12 April 30th 2015, 9:57 am

post it in the classifides get a few bucks for it atleast.
ss12
ss12

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-01-09

Back to top Go down