Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here.

2 posters

Go down

New here. Empty New here.

Post  pipefitter March 20th 2015, 9:56 am

I've been watching this site for years. I have a 1966 Custom Six I've been restoring for a couple of years. My Dad and brother had a small engine shop. A customer gave this thing to them 20 years ago. My brother got it running and I used it to drag stuff around the yard until the engine quit. It sat for years, and I found another Custom Six on CL. It also sat for years. We got both engines running again, but the original engine has a slight knock in it, so the second tractor's engine is going in the "restored" tractor. The hardest thing I've run into was the steering rack removal. I don't think it had ever seen grease, and was almost impossible to steer. I got everything out, cleaned it up, lubed it, and now it steers better than a new tractor. Also in the collection are a couple of Craftsman LT series tractors, and a Kubota BX. One for cutting grass and one without a deck for dragging stuff around the yard, and the BX for grading, lifting etc.

pipefitter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-18

Back to top Go down

New here. Empty Re: New here.

Post  ss12 April 30th 2015, 10:29 am

Sounds like you have a pretty good collection. I have a couple of suburban engines with lower end knock. I just put sae 40 In them and they keep on chugging
ss12
ss12

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-01-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum