This could blow your minds . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This could blow your minds . . .

Post  seattle smitty on May 10th 2015, 1:11 am

First I've seen of this. Google "lawn tractor pulling" and when it comes up, click the Images part and scroll down through the photos.

seattle smitty

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: LAWN TRACTOR PULLING

Post  Georgia SS on May 10th 2015, 9:27 am

HI
IF LAWN TRACTOR PULLING IS NEW TO YOU, YOU SHOULD TRY SOME, VERY CHEAP INTERTAINMENT, YOU CAN BUILD A COMPETIVE TRACTOR FOR A FEW THOUSAND $$$$, IT IS VERY POPLAR WORLD WIDE, WE HAVE BEEN PULLING OVER RORTY YEARS SINCE EARLY 1970, WAS NOT HIGH TECH BACK IN THOSE DAYS. NOT SOMTHING A WEAK AT HEART SHOULD TRY.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This could blow your minds . . .

Post  ss12 on May 12th 2015, 2:04 pm

It's not as fun as it used to be. Every one nowadays has motorcycle engins an v8s on them it was fun when it was stock tractors with a lot of weight lol
ss12

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spence on May 12th 2015, 5:20 pm

There are a couple events near me that still have pretty much a standard tractor class. There are restrictions on tire size and of course weight classes.

There used to be a show out in PA that had a lot of events for the kids. I brought my daughter there one time when she was young. Not only did she get to pull the sled, but they had slow contests, some type of contest where you tried to bite a hot dog while driving slowly and a tractor parade.

The photo on the home page of vintagesearsgardentractors.com was taken at a local tractor pull: Pumpkin Run in New Jersey.

Spence

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spence on May 12th 2015, 5:23 pm

The problem we have in NJ is that the tractor pulls somehow or another come under the auspices of the state police. I remember the local club I belonged to had to change a lot of rules back in the day when the state police cracked down on them. Helmets, ignition cutoff devices, etc.. Not sure how involved they are now because I don't participate in club events anymore.

Spence

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alansz400 on May 20th 2015, 9:59 pm

The street fair in my home town has a tractor pull and they had a " off the lawn class " it was great. The tractor had to have the mower drive, a muffler and not be over so many RPMs. I pulled my sears with the 16hp. Onan and some other guy had a old sears with a 20hp onan. His had work done to it but still looked stock and he would always win and I would get 2nd place.  Then some cheaters in the class above us started putting mufflers on there real pulling tractors and no one seemed to care about the RPM or mower drive rule and the class went to shit. I never went back to pull after that year. It was always fun to pull the same tractor that I had been working all summer and plowing snow with in the winter. I built a hitch and wheelie bar that I would put on the day before the pull stick some weight in the frame under the engine air the tires down and go pull. The next day it was back to yard work.

alansz400

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  seattle smitty on May 22nd 2015, 12:55 pm

A wheelie-bar on a lawn tractor! Actually, not so bad an idea; my dad, then in his late-70s, managed to roll one of his tractors over on himself. He wasn't injured, but was pinned in place until rescue arrived (local cops!). He did manage to injure himself a couple of years later, while using a Suburban to pull out a heavy growth of ivy. His choice of implements was a small Danforth-type rowboat anchor, on a piece of nylon rope. That nylon rope is very stretchy . . . and with this goofy lash-up at full tension, the anchor broke loose from the ivy, hitting Dad in the back of his upper arm, breaking it.

Ah, Dad, I sure do miss ya!!!

seattle smitty

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top