Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom 6 carburetor gaskets

3 posters

Go down

Custom 6 carburetor gaskets Empty Custom 6 carburetor gaskets

Post  grant1126 May 15th 2015, 11:24 pm

I have a Custom 6 with the Tecumseh engine sticker gone and I could use the gaskets between the carb and block. Kind of a funky thick double gasket with a bracket that makes it hard to tighten down the carb. Model of tractor is 917.99520. Anybody know the Tecumseh engine model number? Thanks!

grant1126

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-15

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 carburetor gaskets Empty Re: Custom 6 carburetor gaskets

Post  ss12 May 18th 2015, 11:57 am

On Google type in the tractor model number with no dashes and it will pull up sears parts direct it shows the engine and related parts. If there not available thru Sears you can sometimes cross the sears number to another manufacture.
ss12
ss12

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeSteele August 22nd 2019, 2:02 pm

There are parts available, including carb gaskets, at cub cadets parts at Shanks. The website for the engine parts is www.cubparts.com/oemparts/a/tec/5c1db6d987a86603c80f52f3/engine-parts-list-1.

I purchased carb gaskets, breather cover gaskets, and some other parts and they fit. I think the other engine parts are correct, but cannot guarantee it since the model # is slightly different. Probably because it is not the sear version with machining in the block for the idler plate.

JoeSteele

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down