Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin

2 posters

Go down

Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin Empty Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin

Post  cavry January 31st 2017, 3:38 pm

Started spitting some oil back through the Carb. I removed one sparkplug and then the other. With either removed it "bumps" the oil dipstick when I hit the starter. Suggestions please? Will tear down if necessary although I'd rather not.

affraid

cavry

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin Empty ONAN PUSHING OIL UP IN AIR FILTER

Post  Georgia SS February 1st 2017, 8:21 pm

HEY
ANOTHER IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T TRY TO FIX IT, YOU ALSO MAY HAVE A CONTAMINATED CRANKCASE, IF YOU JUST GOT TO DO SOMETHING, CLEAN THE CRANKCASE BREATHER, DON'T THINK ANY OIL IS COMING BACK UP THE CARB. BELIEVE THE OIL WILL BE COMING UP THE CRANKCASE BREATHER INTO TH AIR CLEANER, CHG.OIL WITH 15/45 DIESEL OIL A BLUE BOTTLE OF STP, DON'T THINK WE GOT ALL THE STORY, PLUS THE BUMPING OF THE DIP STICK DON'T MEAN ANYTHING, PUT AN OLD LOOSE DIP STICK IN A NEW ENGINE AND GET THE SAME BUMP. WHERE DID THE SCREW COME FROM.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY IN SOUTH GEORGIA

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin Empty Re: Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin

Post  cavry February 2nd 2017, 11:52 am

Thanks. I had already cleaned the oil breather and reinstalled before posting. Good enough with "if it ain't broke....". just want to do anything necessary now...before spring. Guess I'm going to pressure check the cylinders to double check things. I agree that I don't want to do anything unless necessary. I have a 67 SS12 that is just fine as well as the 76/6 Twin. It sure saves a lot of time not having to switch attachments every time I want to work the garden.

cavry

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Back to top Go down

Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin Empty Re: Onan BF-MS 16/6 Twin

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down