TECUMSEH OH160

Go down

TECUMSEH OH160 Empty TECUMSEH OH160

Post  Georgia SS on February 10th 2019, 11:02 am

HEY FELLOWS
DOES ANYONE WORK WITH, WORK ON, REPAIR OR REBUILD AN OVERHEAD VALVE TECUMSEH ANYMORE, I KNOW THERE IS HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF THEM STILL OUT THERE, MOST THOUGHTS IN THE PAST WAS THAT THE TECUMSEH WAS EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR, I DON'T SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN PRICES FOR ENGINE PARTS FOR ANY OTHER BRAND, BUT YOU ARE NEEDING TO SHOP FOR PARTS,WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME DISCUSSION ON THESE ENGINES.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

TECUMSEH OH160 Empty Re: TECUMSEH OH160

Post  Slickyrock on May 1st 2019, 12:35 pm

Georgia SS wrote:HEY FELLOWS
DOES ANYONE WORK WITH, WORK ON, REPAIR OR REBUILD AN OVERHEAD VALVE TECUMSEH ANYMORE, I KNOW THERE IS HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF THEM STILL OUT THERE, MOST THOUGHTS IN THE PAST WAS THAT THE TECUMSEH WAS EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR, I DON'T SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN PRICES FOR ENGINE PARTS FOR ANY OTHER BRAND, BUT YOU ARE NEEDING TO SHOP FOR PARTS,WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME DISCUSSION ON THESE ENGINES.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY
I talked to my small engine warehouse supply owner and he told me my best bet was to get a new motor and put in it.

Slickyrock

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-04-25

Back to top Go down

TECUMSEH OH160 Empty TECUMSEH OH160

Post  Georgia SS on May 1st 2019, 5:46 pm

HI
THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I CAN SEE THAT SOMETIMES A REPLACEMENT WOULD BE THE EASY OUT, BUT I AM FROM THE OLD SCHOOL, WE LIKE TO REPAIR NOT REPLACE, PROBABLY CALLED BEING CHEAP, I SCRATCHED AROUND A BIT, BOUGHT RINGS, A COUPLE OF GASKETS,MADE A FEW GASKETS & SEALS, NOW HAVE A VERY FINE RUNNING MOTOR TO BE PROUD OF BUILDING, NOT NEW TO BUILDING MOTORS, THAT IS WHAT I DID IN MY FORMER LIFE, NOT A GREAT MARKET FOR REBUILT ENGINES ANYMORE. ENGINE SEEM TO OUT LAST THE VEHICLE ANYMORE.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

TECUMSEH OH160 Empty Re: TECUMSEH OH160

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum