Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bearings

3 posters

Go down

Bearings Empty Bearings

Post  Hitch June 11th 2019, 1:21 pm

Thanks for the help I found out it was a 42 in deck. Does anyone have the bearing numbers for the spindles and the whole spindle assembly part number. While I had it apart what would be the part number for the deck belt under the cover.Well I messed one spindle shaft knocking it out so I need a shaft or center spindle assembly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hitch

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Bearings Empty BEARINGS

Post  Georgia SS June 11th 2019, 8:40 pm

HI
I WILL TELL YOU LIKE IT IS AND NOT BEAT AROUND THE BUSH, IN ABOUT A 3 YEAR PERIOD, FOLLOWING RESTORING ABOUT 18 SUBURBANS I JUMPED ON THE PROJECT OF DECK REBUILDING, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO REBUILD DECK SPINDLES,NO SHAFTS OR DUST COVERS ARE AVAILABLE, I LEARNED TO MAKE SOME DUST SHIELDS THESE UNITS ARE 40+ YEARS OLD, IT SEEMS YOU HAVE ALREADY LEARNED THAT YOU WILL DESTROY EVER PART YOU ATTEMPT TO REMOVE OR TAKE APART, SOME WILL TELL YOU ABOUT SEALS THERE IS NO SEALS JUST SHIELDS, YOU PROBABLY DESTROYED THE ONE IN THE SPINDLE ALREADY. OH JUST LOOK ON THE BEARINGS FOR THE # AND VISIT ANY AUTO PARTS STORE, TWO OUTER UPPER AND LOWER ARE THE SAME, CENTER IS DIFFERENT, CAREFUL ON BRG.& RACE #, I HAVE DONE MECHANICAL WORK FOR 67 YEARS AND LOST MY MIND FOR JUMPING ON SEARS SUBURBANS, THEY ARE NICE TO LOOK AT BUT WHO CAN MOW WITH TWENTY. I ALSO BELIEVE MOST OF THE SUBURBAN FANS HAVE PASSED ON JUDGING BY THE INTEREST ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE EQUIPMENT LIKE A 20 TON PRESS, BEARING PULLERS, TORCH, DIE GRINDER, WELDER, GOOD ALLEN WRENCHES FOR THE SET SCREWS IN THE TOP PULLEYS, AN ELECTROLICE WAT FOR ABOUT A WEEK SOAKING WOULD BE GOOD. IF INTERESTED IN TAKING ON THE PROJECT I WILL HELP, READ SOME OLD POST, SOME SAID SPINDLE BEARINGS ARE A PIECE OF CAKE, THEY LIED.
HANG IN THERE
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Bearings Empty Re: Bearings

Post  TKW June 12th 2019, 12:50 pm

Hitch , I believe the belt you are wanting is a 1/2 x 87 . This connects/drives the three blades
To repeat , SS , bearing numbers are stamped on both the cone and the cup , always replace both at the same time . any chain auto parts store such as autozone should be able to get what you need . Personally I use a grease that is intended for wheel bearing service , that’s basically what these are .
What exactly did you “ mess up “ on the spindle that you were taking apart ? Which one is it ? Center , Left side or Right ( grass chute) side ?
Hope this helps > Tim
there’s an answer to any question

TKW

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Bearings Empty Re: Bearings

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down