Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought another custom 10

2 posters

Go down

Bought another custom 10 Empty Bought another custom 10

Post  66custom6 November 12th 2008, 9:06 pm

About 3 years ago I bought a snow blower attachment and started to piece togather a 71 custom 10 but never got it finished so sunday I bought another tractor and this one is complete,it sat for a few years and got it cheap. I got it running and changed the oil but I need to do a couple things before I mount the snow blower,I found a roofing nail in one of the rear tires and need to get a battery and then its time for the snow blower and tire chains. Jeff

66custom6

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Bought another custom 10 Empty Re: Bought another custom 10

Post  spence November 16th 2008, 1:41 pm

Yep, this is how the Sears Tractor Collector Syndrome (STCS) begins. Very Happy

Within a year you will have another. Then another.....and so on.

Those afflicted by STCS need an understanding wife, a garage with a lot of square footage, and a place to play with their tractors.

Seriously though, the tractors will get more difficult to obtain in the future, so having at least one spare around is a good decision.

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  66custom6 November 16th 2008, 2:13 pm

I was piecing one togather to put the snowblower attachment on but I was too busy with my vintage cars to finish so I bought the 72 since it was complete and thinking about using the other for parts,I am about done with the 72 but I need to find a belt for the snowblower which no one locally stocks that size but has one horter or longer. I have two 66 custom 10s and 4 custom 10s,one is a 69 and two are 71s and the 72,one custom 6 has a cast iron motor in it and I think it would of been easier to just get a custom 10 since it needed a bunch of parts from a 10 to do the swap which I had a parts tractor when I built it and it still as the 4 speed trans axle and could use a hi/low but I am not going to try to swap the trans axle. Jeff

66custom6

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down