Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to buy

Go down

how to buy Empty how to buy

Post  MIKEthe November 15th 2008, 10:48 pm

Hi everyone, my name is MIke.
I have a 1969 Suburban 12 which I picked up cheap to fix to use on a small farm/large garden. I got it to start and run with new ignition switch and selenoid (I guess it had been modified from original). I also put in new fuel line and a fuel shut off switch because I noticed the carb shut-off valve leaks gas. Anyway, it will only drive in 2nd and third in either hi or lo. A trans rebuild is too big a job for the time I want to put in. Oh yeah, the trans leaks a little oil too! So, I am looking for a similar Garden trractor, or a newer one and I am willing to sell off patrts or all of the 69. I live near Albany NY. I see some interesting classifieds but my computer will not let me respond via the site e-mail for some reason. I can be reached at nfgym@yahoo.com, if you are with in a few hours of Albany NY and have either a three speed hi-lo trans for sale for a small price, or a whole garden tractor for a slightly higher price, please let me know!
Thanks for your time.
Mike

MIKEthe

Back to top Go down

how to buy Empty Re: how to buy

Post  spence November 16th 2008, 1:56 pm

You might want to check some of your local repair shops. Around here, most have an assortment of stuff just sitting behind the building.

Also check Craigslist. I've seen some very tempting deals in my area. If I had the room, I would have gone for a couple of them.

Edit: I looked at CT. Craigslist and saw an ad that's interesting.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/grd/916907294.html

I'm sure you could find anything you need here. Might be more of a drive than you'd like though.

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

how to buy Empty 69 Surburban

Post  MikeR February 14th 2009, 9:16 pm

Hi Thanks for the tip, I did find a guy on Craigslist with a transmission and now am waiting for warmer weather to put it in (I took the old one out in the fall)
I had not really thought of the local shops - to check for what might be junk to them but "gold " to me.
YThanks again, I'll be back" as I progress!
Mike

MikeR

Back to top Go down

how to buy Empty Re: how to buy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum