Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL

3 posters

Go down

SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL Empty SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL

Post  Georgia SS February 20th 2012, 3:21 pm

OK YOU GUYS COME ON AND WAKE UP SOME ONE MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO DISCUSS. I HAVE A QUESTION ON SEARS TRANS. OIL. BACK WHEN THEY WERE BUILT ROPER REQUIRED 30WT. NON DETERGENT, BUT WHY DOES IT MATTER IF THE OIL IS DETERGENT OR NON DET. ALL THESE TRANS ARE GETTING OLD AND LOOSE, WHY WOULD 40.50, 60, 70,20W50 WT., OR 75/85 WT.GEAR OIL DO AS WELL. OK HERE IS WHAT I DID I HAVE A FORD LGT 14D. HYDROSTAT, I DRAINED 10 QTS. OF FORD 134 HYD. FLUID @ $4.50 PER QT. FROM THE FORD & REFILLED TWO SEARS TRANS. WITH FLUID WITH LESS THAN 200 HRS. ON IT, THIS FORD HYDROSTAT TRANS. HAS TWO FILTERS THAT COST NEAR $40 EACH SO THE FLUID IS CLEAN. THIS HYD. FLUID IS 30-40 WT. I THINK IT HAS BETTER LUBE. ABILITY THAN ANY 30WT. NON DET. OIL EVER HAD. GIVE US YOUR OPINION
THANKS. JIMMY BY THE WAY I HAVE CAUGHT THE YELLOW & WHITE DEZZESSE.

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL Empty Re: SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL

Post  Diz Jr. March 8th 2012, 8:16 pm

Sounds like it ought to work.
I have 90wt. in the rear on mine. I didn't know any better at the time. I just wanted to make sure it had clean oil in it.
When i go to change it again some day i will probably use a lighter oil.
Never thought about hydro oil.
Diz Jr.
Diz Jr.

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL Empty sears suburban trans oil

Post  dieselfan September 27th 2014, 10:14 pm

How about an update on the hydraulic oil ? I have a SS16 that has some annoying gear whine. The transaxle is working fine. I'm hoping it is just worn gears. I am thinking of an oil change with 30W and adding Lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer. Any one else that has tried something different and had good results or bad please share.

dieselfan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-07-24

Back to top Go down

SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL Empty RE; SEARS TRANS. OIL

Post  Georgia SS September 28th 2014, 10:03 am

HI
HAVE BEEN RUNNING THE FORD HYD. TRANS. OIL WHICH IS ABOUT 30WT. FOR OVER A YEAR, CANT TELL ANY DIFFERENCE. THE SEARS TRANS. HAS ALL STREIGHT CUT GEARS WHICH ARE ALWAYS NOISY, SO I WOULD NOT BE CONCERNED WITH A THANS. NOISE. HEAVIER WEIGHT OIL WON'T HURT ANY THING AND MAY CUT DOWN ON THE NOISE A BIT. I HAVE 75/85 WT. DIFF. OIL IN ONE OF MINE TO KEEP IT A BIT QUIET. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED WITH THE NOISE UP THE WEIGHT AND ADD SOME STABELIZER, IF YOU SHOP AROUND YOU MAY FIND A BOTTLE OF OLD MOTOR HONEY, NOW THAT WILL TIGHTEN THINGS UP, BACK IN THE DAYS MANY FOLKS WOULD USE GROUND UP CORK, OATS OR CORN MEAL IN OLD WORN OUT DIFFERENTIALS TO CUT DOWN ON THE NOISE, USED CAR LOTS DID THIS OFTEN.
TAKE CARE
JIMMY Smile

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL Empty Re: SEARS SUBURBAN TRANS OIL

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down