Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions

4 posters

Go down

Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions Empty Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions

Post  kathidden April 15th 2012, 11:09 am

Hi..
I got really lucky, I just picked it up for free from craigslist..purrs like a kitten.. Has a snow blower attached that works well..
It has a broken up dashboard that I can't find a replacement for and the original owner cut a hole in the hood to allow a full sized car battery , so I'd like a new hood, also need a mower deck and attachments..
He was a mechanic all his life and had rebuild the engine a few years back , I'm happy about that... I rode it around and it's perfect other then being ugly lol..
Is there any knowledge about where to get parts ?.. I'm reaching I know but hopeful..
Thanks!

Kathy

I just checked and I guess it's a 78 because it has the N52N Onan Wink

Last edited by kathidden on April 15th 2012, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more text)

kathidden

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions Empty 19.9 DASH & HOOD

Post  Georgia SS April 16th 2012, 9:53 am

HI AS YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT THE DASH ON YOUR TRACTOR IS PLASTIC. I HAVE 4 OF THE SAME MODEL AND ALL WILL BREAK. SO I DON,T THINK YOU WILL FIND A GOOD USED DASH. I AM CHANGING MINE TO THE OLDER MODEL FIBERGLASS DASH, ALSO SOME ALUMINUM DASHES ARE AVAILABLE, MAINLY ON ROPER TRACTORS. HOODS ARE AVAILABLE ON EBAY ALMOST ALL THE TIME. TAKE CARE OF THIS MACHINE. THEY DON'T MAKE THIS GOOD EQUIPMENT ANY MORE. 30 YEARS OLD AND WITH CARE WILL LAST ANOTHER 30 YEARS. THANKS HAVE A GOOD DAY. JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions Empty Re: Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions

Post  spence April 16th 2012, 10:36 am

Glad to hear you have a Sears!

You'll find the parts you need eventually. You have to keep your eyes and ears open and let others know what you're looking for. Post what you need in the Classified Section here on the site and all the Sears Tractor Sites you can find.

Be patient in your search, as the old Sears are going away slowly but surely. It will be worth it, because as noted previously, the tractor will last quite a long time.

Spence

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions Empty 19.9 Suburban

Post  sgdorcas April 19th 2012, 12:28 pm

Welcome Kathidden, I have 2 suburbans 19.9, (a 79, and a 80)also 1 ss16. I am currently rebuilding one of them, and as with all of them, the dash is a wreck, and to complicate things, all 3 have the steering wheels siezed on. My father, my self, and a gallon of wd40 did nothing except bust of one of the studs. There is no danger of the wheel coming off. I keep putting the wd40 to them in hopes that one day the wheels will loosen. Anyway, I rebuilt the dash with sheet metal, fiberglass, and bodyfill. It isn't exact, but it's close, and looks better than when all broken. If the hood is intact, except for a battery hole, it as well could be repaired, sheet metal from the inside, and clean it up with some bodyfill. Parts can be scarce, and repair can be cheaper and faster.
sgdorcas
sgdorcas

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions Empty Re: Just picked up a GT 19.9 and have some questions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down