Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire

2 posters

Go down

15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire Empty 15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire

Post  Bob540 April 22nd 2015, 10:04 am

Hi all, I am having trouble getting my tractor to start. It ran fine last year, parked it for the winter and now won't fire. I get spark and good compression but it won't fire.
I dumped gas down the spark plug hole and still nothing. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help, Bob

Bob540

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-12-24

Back to top Go down

15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire Empty 15 HP BRIGGS WON'T FIRE

Post  Georgia SS April 22nd 2015, 11:30 am

HI BOB
SEVERAL THINGS COULD HAVE HAPPENED DURING THE TRACTORS REST PERIOD, YOU SAY YOU HAVE CHECKED FOR FIRE FROM THE COIL, PUT GAS IN CYLINDER, OK TRY NEW SPARK PLUG FIRST AFTER YOU HOLD YOU FINGER OVER (IN) SPARKPLUG HOLE AND TURN MOTOR A FEW ROUNDS WITH STARTER TO FIND IF THE COMPRESSION WILL BLOW PAST YOUR FINGER IF PRESSURE IS WEAK OR NONE LOOK FOR A STUCK VALVE, IF SO A HEAVY WIRE TOOL CAN BE USED TO PUSH VALVE DOWN AFTER SOAKING WITH SOME BLASTER.
LOTS OF LUCK
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire Empty Re: 15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire

Post  Bob540 April 22nd 2015, 8:58 pm

Thanks for the help Jimmy. I decided to pull it with the pick-up and it fired up. I think the battery was too low. Have it on the charger and will see in the morning. Bob

Bob540

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-12-24

Back to top Go down

15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire Empty Re: 15 hp Briggs and Statton won't fire

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down