Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEET CARB ADVICE

3 posters

Go down

NEET CARB ADVICE Empty NEET CARB ADVICE

Post  JWB March 1st 2012, 1:12 pm

You can tell I am still new at this. My suburban has a Waldro carb on my 12 HP TC engine. Engine will only run with choke on full choke position. Where should I look to solve this problem? Big thanks.

JWB

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

NEET CARB ADVICE Empty CARB.ADVICE

Post  Georgia SS March 1st 2012, 8:26 pm

WELL IF YOU SAY IT KEEPS RUNNING WITH FULL CHOKE THAT MEANS THE CARB. IS GETTING PLENTY OF FUEL. SO MY OPINION IS THAT YOU NEED TO CLEAN SOME OF THOSE VERY LITTLE ORFICES AND PASSAGES INSIDE THE CARB. EVEN THE MAIN JET MAY BE ALMOST CLOGGED. IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH AN AIR NOZZLE YOU CAN BLOW SOME TRASH LOOSE SOMETIMES, BUT ONLY TEMPERARY. DON'T HURT THAT CARB.CAUSE THEY AINT CHEAP. HAVE YOU PLAYED WITH THE ADJUSTING SCREWS. YOU MAY GET AWAY WITH DROPPING THE BOWL WITHOUT HURTING THE GASKET AND CLEAN SOME. HAVE A GOOD ONE JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

NEET CARB ADVICE Empty Re: NEET CARB ADVICE

Post  JWB March 2nd 2012, 9:52 am

Thanks Jimmy. I really appreciate it.

JWB

Back to top Go down

Post  TAHOE March 14th 2012, 9:48 am

Actually, if it's running on full choke, it's not getting enough gas. Probably due to sitting, varnish has built up inthe jets starving it for fuel. I take them apart, use a fine piece of copper wire and some carb cleaner and run through all the passages then blow them out. Make sure your float needle is clean and also free to move. Check the fuel filter and sometimes debris will clog up the outlet on the fuel tank causing same symptoms.
You are are afraid to clean yourself, I suggest checking out Mark at carbrescue.com, he does amazing work and is very reasonable.

TAHOE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

NEET CARB ADVICE Empty NEET CARB ADVICE

Post  JWB March 14th 2012, 3:17 pm

Thanks again Tahoe. Good advise.

JWB

Back to top Go down