Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information Please ! What's it worth ?

2 posters

Go down

Information Please !  What's it worth ? Empty Information Please ! What's it worth ?

Post  MLWestUT April 30th 2012, 12:20 pm

I live in Utah and have found a Sears Suburban SS16 with original loader. The engine has been replaced with an 18hp onan (they said the original 16 was stole).
I don't know the year. It starts fine and seems to run well, it's a bit rusty and the seat is total shot, but other than that it's in pretty good shape. It also comes with a mower deck, tiller, disk, cultivator, snow thrower, box scraper, sprayer, extra rear wheels and tires. I've tried to research on line as to what the value might be but have come up short on information. If someone here could give me an idea as to what is a reasonable price I would greatly appreciateit.
Their asking $3000 but that seems a bit high to me, yet I could be totally wrong.
Thanks in advance, Michelle

MLWestUT

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Information Please !  What's it worth ? Empty Re: Information Please ! What's it worth ?

Post  TAHOE May 1st 2012, 2:57 pm

I'm around Cincy and a good condition orignnal loader with pump and controls would easily fetch 8-1000 by itself. Throw in a good condition & running tractor (4-500) plus those attachments which each would be 75-150 separately. Add them up and I maybe get to 2500, but I wouldn't pay that much. I would say I would maybe give $2K for the whole package, but I would still be hesistant. You are looking at 30-35yr old equipment. Then again, it also depends on your location, if there is not alot of those models around, then they will be higher. I saw I think on ebay the other day a loader going for $1500, way too much for me.
Offer them maybe 2K and see what happens.

TAHOE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Information Please !  What's it worth ? Empty Re: Information Please ! What's it worth ?

Post  MLWestUT May 3rd 2012, 12:19 am

Tahoe, thank you so much. You were quit helpful. 2K is the amount I was thinking would be fair too. A bit more than what I would like to pay and not an outrageously low offer compared to what they are asking. I like the fact that they have a good variety of implements. Your right about hard to find. Here in Utah it is close to impossible to find one of these garden tractors, to use as intended. Most are fixed up and used for tractor pulls, big sport here. Thanks once again!!

MLWestUT

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down