Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

throttle cable routing

2 posters

Go down

throttle cable routing  Empty throttle cable routing

Post  phydeux June 7th 2012, 2:49 pm

I recently tried to take apart, clean, and revamp an st/16, this is my first rebuild, but it went really well, the only problem I have had is remembering the routing of the throttle cable. like I said I'm a novice, and will take many more pictures in the future. If you could tell me where and how or post pictures, on how to run the throttle cable, and where it attaches too, I would really appreciate it.

I got this tractor for free from a neighbor and have really enjoyed this project, I have used this site and your posts for almost all my information, its been fun, but I'm stuck on the cable.. it almost seems like its got to much slack, I've oiled the crap out of the cable and wire, it slides o.k. and I'm pretty sure i've misplaced one of the cable holder things (not sure the proper name)
ANY help will be appreciated.
-r

Last edited by phydeux on June 9th 2012, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clean up/ simplify)

phydeux

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

throttle cable routing  Empty ST16 THROTTLE CABLE ROUTING

Post  Georgia SS June 10th 2012, 8:52 pm

I GUESS THE THROTTLE CABLE ROUTING COULD BE MISLEADING. DOWN UNDER THE BATTERY TRAY SWING TO THE LEFT BY THE STARTER DRIVE END ON DOWN UNDER THE BLOWER COVER, WRAP ALWAY UNDER AND UP FRONT SIDE OF BLOWER COVER AND ATTATCH TO LINKAGE. THE CLAMP HICKEY DOES SECURE THE CABLE HOUSING TO THE LOWER FRONT OF THE BLOWER COVER. CHOKE CABLE GOES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ENGINE ABOVE THE PTO AND BELT, BEHIND MUFFLER AND WRAPS RIGHT OVER TO THE CHOKE LEVER. BE CAREFUL THE CHOKE CABLE CAN GET TANGLED UP WITH THE CLUTCHING MECHANISM. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT. HAVE A BLESSED DAY JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

throttle cable routing  Empty thanks

Post  phydeux November 1st 2012, 10:32 pm

thanks, I appreciate your help on this, I just barely got back to work on it and the cables were still hanging there, so i checked back here. thanks a million.
-r

phydeux

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

throttle cable routing  Empty Re: throttle cable routing

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down