Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SS14 dead!

Go down

SS14 dead!  Empty SS14 dead!

Post  Eastside Shane May 10th 2013, 4:21 pm

Hello, I'm new here and figured this would be a great place to get some answers.
I have an ssprettyt hadn't run in 10 or 15 years. I picked it from a house that I was doing plumbing in last year. Took about 2 hours total to get it running.
It ran great and we just used it for fun around the property. One night, it started squeeling pretty badly. When i went to put it away that night, nothing. No noise, no nothing!
I thought generator but I charged battery and still nothing. Any ideas?

Eastside Shane

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-05-10

Back to top Go down

SS14 dead!  Empty SS14 dead!

Post  Eastside Shane May 10th 2013, 4:23 pm

Sorry, my phone did something weird there. I meant to say that I have an ss14

Eastside Shane

Back to top Go down

SS14 dead!  Empty Re: SS14 dead!

Post  Eastside Shane May 16th 2013, 2:57 pm

Okay, so now I think my problem is the ignition. My starter/generator is good, just had it "rebuilt" by a reliable, recommended local shop. I can't seem to find a beefy enough ignition as the ones made these days are very dainty and I may fry the $18 part out. My next step today is going to be to take the ignition, which is a modern 5 post dainty thing, from my other ss14 and see if I get anywhere. If something goes, I'll know to hunt a stronger ignition down. If nothing happens, what can I do next? Is it okay to just put a push button in? Please help me out here, I can here the grass getting taller in my field right now. My regular rider is now a 5 mph go Go cart as the deck is trashed thanks to some 1/2" steel rod that jumped under my mower on the outskirts of my property. I'm not gonna push mow 8 acres. Help!!

Eastside Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  Eastside Shane May 16th 2013, 3:00 pm

Anyone? You, right there reading this and saying "what a moron, that's easy. Its the (fill in the blank and reply)."

Eastside Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  Eastside Shane May 17th 2013, 3:21 pm

Alright, I installed a button. Everything's cool.

Eastside Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  Eastside Shane May 17th 2013, 3:26 pm

Good thing everyone was so helpful. Guys don't take to kindly to strangers on here huh? Oh well, guess I didn't need help anyway. It was like talking to myself which did work. Later.

Eastside Shane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down