Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sears Suburban Wiring

2 posters

Go down

Sears Suburban Wiring Empty Sears Suburban Wiring

Post  69muddingsuburban January 11th 2014, 12:36 pm

I am new to these old tractors. I have played a lot with the newer tractors. What i am wondering is can i rewire this tractor without using the square regulator? what i am wanting to do is hook up a solenoid like most newer tractors but i need to know if the generator will still charge my battery without that regulator.
This is the regulator i am referring to. Pretty sure thats what it is.

Sears Suburban Wiring Img_6111

69muddingsuburban

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-01-11

Back to top Go down

Sears Suburban Wiring Empty SEARS SUBURBAN WIRING

Post  Georgia SS January 11th 2014, 3:04 pm

HI
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, YES YOU WILL NEED THE VOLT. REG. TO MAkE THE GENERATOR CHARGE THE BATTERY. YOU PROBABLY HAVE THE IGN. SWITCH THAT THE BATTERY CABLES GO TO, THAT ACTS AS THE STARTER SOLONOID. YOU CAN CHANGE OUT THE IGN. SWITCH AND ADD A STARTER SOLONOID. ONE LIKE MABY ON A ST16, SWITCH WILL NEED TO HAVE A GROUNDING TERMINAL TO USE AS A KILL FOR THE COIL. BE EXTRA CAREFUL TO MAKE SURE NOT TO SEND 12 VOLT TO THE IGN. COIL, IF YOU DO YOU WILL SPEND $200 GETTING IT TO FIRE AGAIN, IT WILL FRY THE COIL. BEST TO USE A COUPLE OF FUSES. EASY TO BUILD A WIRING HARNESS FOR, ONLY THREE OR FOR WIRES EXCEPT FOR LIGHTS.
ENJOY YOUR SUBURBAN
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Sears Suburban Wiring Empty Re: Sears Suburban Wiring

Post  69muddingsuburban January 11th 2014, 9:57 pm

What i am worried about is that when i take this in the mud like i am planning to that it will get wet and stop working. Does anyone know how waterproof they are? or a way to fix keep it from getting wet besides just moving it higher on the tractor

69muddingsuburban

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-01-11

Back to top Go down

Sears Suburban Wiring Empty Re: Sears Suburban Wiring

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down