Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FUSE PROBLEMS

2 posters

Go down

FUSE PROBLEMS Empty FUSE PROBLEMS

Post  TKW April 18th 2019, 11:14 am

Hi , all , have a 77 suburban 16ohv ran fine all last year parked for winter and last week started right up for first mowing this year , problem went to start this week to mow again , nothing ! Fuse blown , replaced with what has always been in it 20 amp fuse and blowed again instantly when switch is turned to the on position . Changed switch ,same result , never had this problem before and don’t know where to begin to look or what parts need replaced . My son said to put a 50 amp in it and replace everything that has smoke coming out of it LOL , anyone here that could steer me in the right direction to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated TKW

TKW

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

FUSE PROBLEMS Empty FUSE PROBLEM

Post  Georgia SS April 20th 2019, 7:49 am

HI
FIRST I WOULD UNPLUG THE WIRE CONNECTED TO THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR (RECTIFIER), AND NEXT THE WIRE TO THE LIGHT SWITCH, AND THEN START LOOKING FOR WIRES WITH INSULATION WORN OFF, ABOUT ALL THERE IS TO THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.
GOOD LUCK
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

FUSE PROBLEMS Empty FUSE PROBLEMS

Post  Georgia SS April 28th 2019, 9:13 am

HI
HOW ABOUT A FOLLOW UP ON THE FUSE PROBLEM SO OTHERS CAN LEARN SOME THINGS TO LOOK FIR.
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Back to top Go down

FUSE PROBLEMS Empty Re: FUSE PROBLEMS

Post  TKW April 28th 2019, 2:34 pm

hi double s , got it fired up couple days after my post and wanted to run it a couple times before commenting , my guess is rectifier went bad and the previous owner had wired the fuse link in the wrong circuit . it starts , runs , mows , i’m good to go at the this time , thank you for your suggestions on where to look , I’m not that great with electrical stuff and sure didn’t want to be outsmarted by a five wire system , hahaha > Tim

TKW

Back to top Go down

FUSE PROBLEMS Empty FUSE PROBLEM

Post  Georgia SS April 28th 2019, 3:37 pm

Good to hear you are running mayb someone will learn a bit, if regulator (rectifier) is bad get a $10 off ebay, looks different but works fine, be very careful not touch 12 volt to the ign. kill wire or you are dead in the water, sometimes wrong ign. switch is the problem.Didn't see any location.
Jimmy

Georgia SS

Back to top Go down

Post  TKW April 28th 2019, 3:59 pm

Yes I need to test everything to see what actually has fouled balled with this , Switch is new > Tim

TKW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down