Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes?

2 posters

Go down

Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes? Empty Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes?

Post  Bearcamp April 9th 2009, 3:11 pm

I have the 16hp apart doing a valve job and it states in the manual where to place the white o-ring. All I have is a round one and another one that's like beveled on one end. Which one goes on which push rod tube or doesn't it matter? Can I just use o-rings from the hardware store cause I can't find the original ones?

Bearcamp

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes? Empty Re: Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes?

Post  telemon1 April 9th 2009, 5:11 pm

hey bear camp telemon1 here yes u can use o rings from the hard ware store an it does not matter wich end if there tight when u put them on an push them on tight recomend a little gasket seal on them Blue silcone or clear it works wonders mine dont leak at all
have a great one telemon1

telemon1

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes? Empty Re: Tecumseh 16hp o-rings on push rod tubes?

Post  Bearcamp April 9th 2009, 6:55 pm

I was wrong, it's the chamfer that goes under the valve spring retainer. They say in the manual the white teflon o-ring goes under the valve spring retainer on the exhaust side and the black one under the retainer on the intake side. Well when mine cake off it had 2 black ones, one was a regular o-ring and the other is like beveled. No black and white. If I need these, where can I get them?

Bearcamp

Back to top Go down

Post  telemon1 April 10th 2009, 12:14 am

bearcamp if u saved the ones u took off you can use them agian just put them back as they came off let me check the parts number I will have to pull it up may take awhile then I can give you a
part no. for them. I can check withe mike here in town he has been at this for 30 years an has a lot of parts on hand or he will be abel to get them if need be
Telemon1

telemon1

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearcamp April 10th 2009, 7:32 am

That would be a big help but I didn't see them when removing the springs and don't know which goes where. Like I said,,,,One looks like a regular o-ring and the other has a bevel on it. Thanks for the help.

Bearcamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down