Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6

Go down

Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6 Empty Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6

Post  scotts September 10th 2010, 8:05 am

Hello , Can someone provide me with some good advice on the best way to correct my problem. With the clutch pedal fully depressed, and the tension pulley properly adjusted. The belt still has some grab with the motor pulley. This makes shifting gears next to impossible as the transmission pulley will never completely stop. I have read some forums on replacing the belt using a "low" friction belt and another fellow making his
own trans break to stop the pulley from turning. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running out of ideas.
Thank you
Scott

scotts

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6 Empty Clutch belt

Post  jebla September 10th 2010, 11:05 am

The low frictin belt is the only permanent cure. Industrial, automotive, and even the replacement belts now sold by Sears are too agressive to be a proper clutch. A temporary fix is to rub the belt with parafin whenever shifting begins to get difficult or the clutch engagement is too grabby.

jebla

Back to top Go down

Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6 Empty Low friction belts

Post  Joseph K September 11th 2010, 9:43 pm

Hello,
The low friction belt you need are available through Ace hardware stores. I found this out after I had already made a belt brake
for my Surburban 12.....Oh well.
Thanks,
Joe

Joseph K

Back to top Go down

Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6 Empty Re: Problem with de-clutching on my Sears SS16-6

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down