Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

custom numbers

Go down

custom numbers Empty custom numbers

Post  bob sche October 31st 2010, 1:07 pm

i am a john deere person and a friend of mine has 40 sears tractors and he was pointing all the good points about them. i always thought of them as being the same as the late model craftsman throwaway. wow was i wrong these sears tractors are very simple and very well designed. if more got educated like i did they would be very suprised and give the sears tractors the resect they deserve. i have since fallen into the trap and bought a sears custom 8e and i love it and am going to fix and take to plow days and show it off. but what is the difference between 8e and 8xl and 10 xl other than horsepower?

bob sche

Back to top Go down

custom numbers Empty reply

Post  chad April 25th 2011, 10:02 pm

I am not an expert but I believe that the 8e is a later model and the xl's were just a beefed up custom that had a bigger motor.
I have a custom 6 and I bought an 8e for parts but found the tractor not to be simalar. with very few interchangeable parts.
don't know if this helps

chad

Back to top Go down

custom numbers Empty parts

Post  FireHors June 27th 2011, 1:43 am

Ur friend w/ 40 Sears tractors? I am in need of a part for my 1970 Sears Custom 10XL. Will you have him contact me if he has an adjustment strap to sell me? Thanks!
Here is the sears link with the diagram showing the part I need, which is no longer available, part # 24.... scratch

FireHors

Back to top Go down

custom numbers Empty Re: custom numbers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down