Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roper/Sears LT 10/36

Go down

Roper/Sears LT 10/36 Empty Roper/Sears LT 10/36

Post  alleyandy December 20th 2011, 11:54 am

Hi All,

I found this website and forum today. Very cool!

I have a Lawn Keeper Lawn Tractor, Model BS1960BR, S/N 124S02254 that was made by Roper. I bought it new, in 1977 or 1978.

When anyone sees my tractor, they're amazed that it looks almost new after 33 years of use.

It appears to be identical to various Sears models, such as:
Sears LT 1036 - 917.255330
Sears LT 1036 - 917.255270
Sears LT 1036 - 917.255130
Sears LT 1036 - 917.255413

I found at this site today, that it also looks exactly like the 917.25083, which is shown at the top of this page:
Code:
1977_tractors.html

I still have my tractor, and I'd be happy to take some photos of it, and of any parts or sections of it that anyone needs.

My tractor is still original, including the tires, except for two parts-- the transmission drive belt, and the drive pulley on the engine.

The original pulley just came apart, due to metal fatigue, and I managed to find a replacement at an old lawn-mower repair shop that has since gone out of business. I found a number of pulleys that looked similar, but the height of the pulleys was slightly different on each one. I ended up with the one that was closest to the original, but it was still a bit short.

It is the drive belt that has made the tractor unusable for the last two years. I bought what I thought was the correct size belt, but the belt keeps popping off during use.

There is no adjustment for the belt, since it replies on a spring-loaded idler, controlled by the drive pedal, to put tension on it. I've moved another idler pulley to try to take up the slack, by drilling a new hole in the frame and moving it, but it still gets thrown.

I'm really frustrated that I can't get this belt situation fixed!

So, if anyone would like info or photos of my tractor, to help with restoring or keeping a similar Sears model running, please feel free to contact me!

I have a pdf with all of the notes I have from this unit, including possible part numbers, but I don't see a way to attach it here, so if you'd like it, just ask and I'll email it to you!

alleyandy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down