Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRONT END LOADER

2 posters

Go down

FRONT END LOADER Empty FRONT END LOADER

Post  JWB February 29th 2012, 6:22 pm

I am interested in exploring the possibility of installing a front end loader on my 1968 Suburban. Anyone had experience with these. Where woould one look for a used one. I think I like the hydraulic rather than Sears manual. I may not like it when I see the price difference. I want it for spreading mulch and light jobs. Would appreciate sharing of experice with these.

JWB

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

FRONT END LOADER Empty Re: FRONT END LOADER

Post  TAHOE March 14th 2012, 9:58 am

Are you looking for a true front end loader or just a small dump bucket?
For a front end loader, the 12 can be used, but it will require a large amount of ballast for the rear. You will also need to get a hydro pump and all valves, etc for that tractor. Many people have done alright, but that is a lot of weight for the front axle, be prepared to rebuild in the future. If you can even find one, be prepared to pay $800-1000 or more for one in working condition.
If you want a small dump bucket for the front, you can build your own from a snow blade or possibly get a hold of a johnny bucket and make mounts to fit. I built my own winch mount for mine that slides into the mule slot and I have a trip bucket and in process of making a clamshell bucket for my snow/doxer blade. I got a 2000# winch from Harbor frieght and it's mounted on front, works really well.

TAHOE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

FRONT END LOADER Empty FRONT END LOADER

Post  JWB March 14th 2012, 3:14 pm

Thanks Taho, wish you would post some pictures of what you have designed. I know all would appreciate.

JWB

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  TAHOE March 26th 2012, 2:35 pm

Tried to post pics the next day, but forum makes you wait a week, forgot about it. Anyway, here is a link to how a built my winch/blade set up.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=220325

I have used it already to pic up a 300# or so drum of rabbit droppings and loaded on my trailer. Used it to push a tree in the field, this thing is a real worker. I also have pics of the quickey made fork that slides over the front of blade to go under my drum. Also pic of a quick release dump bucket some local rednecks made, needs some improvements, but actually works pretty well and when I get it high enough, it trips itself on winch and dumps....almost like it was made for my setup. I also will be making a clamshell bucket for my blade when I get the steel and some time.
Enjoy.

FRONT END LOADER 100_0984

FRONT END LOADER Photobucket-56112-1329751983087

FRONT END LOADER Photobucket-49282-1329751640562
FRONT END LOADER 100_0954

FRONT END LOADER 100_0971-1

TAHOE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content