Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just though't Id report

2 posters

Go down

Just though't Id report Empty Just though't Id report

Post  mountainlassey March 9th 2012, 6:05 pm

That coil came yesterday and today it went on...it started up immediately! I didn't see any smoking or anything from the engine, either. It sounded great Smile The part number was 394891, from Tonganoxie, Kansas on ebay, and wow! No points or condenser for me! I guess I got lucky, since my engine is 401417-0127-01, and lots of sources said it wouldn't work. I lightly sanded the flywheel with emery cloth (just until it was clean, not hard) put it on with the spark plug wires facing out, like it said, and sealed off the wire coming from the points so they can't touch anything. Perfect!
Now to rebuild the carburetor...ugh. Anything sitting that long needs it. I'm not going to wait until I'm sitting in the middle of a field for it to quit.
I'll get back to you...oh, and the topic before me on using that Ford hydromatic trans oil or whatever 30-40 in the rear...hmm...might be a good idea with the workload I'm going to have. Any thoughts? Remember, I have a GT16 Briggs horizontal with 3pt. that is going to get heavy ground contact use.
Blessings!

mountainlassey

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Just though't Id report Empty suburban ss 16

Post  tango March 11th 2012, 3:58 pm

Hello.Ihave a 1973 ss16 onan and i was wondering if any one could tell me were i could buy the two exhaust tubes that go from the cylinder to the muffler and i will also need the four clamps .thank you .

tango

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum