Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SS 15??

3 posters

Go down

SS 15?? Empty SS 15??

Post  Hilltopper March 15th 2009, 2:26 pm

I have a chance to buy an older Suburban SS 15. The model number on the back of the three point/rearend is 917253061.
It is pretty rough but the engine is loose. Comes with a plow, harrow, cultivator and disc. Pretty rusted but salvageable, I think. What year is it? I can't locate a site to find out for sure. The engine and frame is a blue color and the hood is white.
The fellow wants $100 for all. Can I get carb parts and service manual/dvd for it. If it has compression I will get it running. Also, is the ignition electronic or points/condenser? It has wheel weights and a junk mower deck also. Let me know what your opinion is.

Thanks!!
Jim, Louisville

Hilltopper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

SS 15?? Empty Re: SS 15??

Post  Hilltopper March 15th 2009, 8:24 pm

I forgot to mention the SS 15 has a three speed gear box and generator/starter combo. I don't know if it has a high/low axle or not.

Thanks!
Jim

Hilltopper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

SS 15?? Empty ss15

Post  madjack March 16th 2009, 8:48 am

a lot of parts and manuals are available on ebay. try here for info on tractor. http://home.fuse.net/jbprather/test/search/search.htm
madjack
madjack

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  spence March 24th 2009, 10:46 am

I would say it's a 1972 by the info you gave.

I have one similar to that outside under a tarp, awaiting some free time on my part.

My advice: Put down the hundred and run with it. Even if you decide that's it's too far gone to fix, you can part it out and at least double your money.

You will be able to find engine parts on ebay. The tractor itself is a generic Suburban frame, so many parts are interchangeable between model years.

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum