Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts

3 posters

Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts

Post  DGeorge747 August 8th 2014, 9:05 am

I have a Custom 6 I would like to sell.  It runs great and is in good shape.  I am selling it because at my new house I needed 4WD for my hillside.  This tracor and deck does an awesome job of cutting grass, much better than my $13,000 John Deere.

It is pretty much original except for the seat and engine. I installed automotive fog lights for headlights. I installed an 8 HP Tecumseh electric start engine to replace the tired 6 HP.  When I installed the 8 HP electric start engine, I made an angle iron adapter plate to mount the engine so I didn't butcher or drill any new hole in the frame.  I also fabricated a clutch mount that bolts onto the frame, being the clutch was mounted to the engine on the 6 HP where the starter is now mounted on the 8 HP.

I always wanted to restore this tractor, but I just don't have the time.  It has been in my family for over 45 years.  My Dad owned this tractor first and sold it to me when he upgraded.  My Dad was a Sears Service Technician and worked on all of Sear's tractors.

I have two mower decks, one with the wheels and one that doesn't come with wheels.

I have a snowblower and a dozer blade.

I have a manual 3-point hitch.

I also have extra parts such as deck mandrels, double "D" mower blade mounting spacers, brake band, extra trans axle and some other parts.

If anyone is interested or has questions, you can call me at 563-590-8069.

Dave

DGeorge747

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-08-08

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty Re: Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts

Post  Carolina Crippler August 17th 2014, 6:57 pm

What state are you in?

Carolina Crippler

Registration date : 2014-08-17

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty Dubuque, Iowa

Post  DGeorge747 August 19th 2014, 11:24 am

Dubuque, Iowa

DGeorge747

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty Parts inquiery

Post  donparadowski December 7th 2014, 7:14 pm

I would be interested in the double D blades. How long are they and how much? I can be reached at:
donparadowski@yahoo.com

donparadowski

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty Double D Blades

Post  DGeorge747 December 8th 2014, 1:59 pm

donparadowski:

Because these blades are hard to come by, I plan to sell everything together.

If your interested in everything I have, please let me know.

Dave

DGeorge747

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty double D blades

Post  donparadowski December 8th 2014, 4:56 pm

I can get new if I want. I just wanted a pair as back-up. I have most all of your everything so I will have to pass on buying everything.

donparadowski

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts Empty Re: Custom 6 for Sale with Attachments & Extra Parts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down