Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18

4 posters

Go down

GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18 Empty GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18

Post  Georgia SS October 8th 2014, 9:41 am

HI
THOUGHT WE MAY NEED A STORY TO KEEP THE FORUM ALIVE. MOST TALES ARE ABOUT BARN FINDS, BUT MY FIND WAS IN A CARPORT. A 1978 GT18 WITH 350 HOURS, NEVER BEEN WET, FOUND SOME TRACES OF POLISH/ WAX IN PLACES, PAINT LOOKS LIKE NEW WITH A FEW SCRATCH MARKS AND A BIT OF RUST FROM SNOW SALT IN MISSOURI WHERE IT LIVED UNTIL 2000 & WAS RETIRED TO FLORIDA, ORIGINAL OWNER PURCHASED THE TRACTOR WITH A DOZER BLADE FOR SNOW REMOVAL, THE MOWER DECK WAS BOUGHT LATER SO HAS VERY LITTLE USE, WHEN THE ORIGINAL OWNER PASSED THE SON MOVED THE TRACTOR TO FLORIDA & STORED IN A VERY CLEAN, DRY CARPORT. TNE GAS IN THE TANK WAS HORRIBLE, DUMPED IN A COUPLE OF GAL. OF PREMIUM WITH MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, A NEW BATTERY, A SHOT OF GAS IN CARB. & FIRED ON FIRST ROUND, ALMOST LIKE GOING BACK IN TIME TO SEARS & PICKING UP A GT18. PS THIS MAKES #20.
NOT THE RUSTY IRON FEVER, JUST THE IRON FEVER.
HAVE A GOOD DAY Smile
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18 Empty Re: GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18

Post  spence October 10th 2014, 8:44 am

Good find! Sounds like a sweet machine.

That would be a once in a lifetime find around where I live. Most of the old Sears around here have been ridden hard and put away wet. I have yet to find one in that condition.

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ss12 January 9th 2015, 12:21 pm

Ya. I'd like to see pictures
ss12
ss12

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-01-09

Back to top Go down

GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18 Empty GT18 GARAGE FIND

Post  Georgia SS January 9th 2015, 5:26 pm

HI FELLOWS
AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CLEARS UP A BIT I WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF THE TRACTORS OUT AND GET A FEW PHOTOS.
DO HAVE A COUPLE OF PHOTOS TAKEN WHERE IT SAT FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS. WILL SEE HOW TO WORK IT OUT.
THANKS
JIMMY
IN SOUTH GEORGIA USA

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

GARAGE FIND SEARS GT18 Empty GT19.9

Post  oklared March 9th 2015, 8:33 am

Very Happy HEY JIMMY I HAVENT FORGOT PIX JUST HAVENT DID IT YET, I WILL. OUR LITTLE TOWN HAS A DRAGON GRAND PARADE IN JUNE AND IM PLANNING TO RIDE THIS MOWER IN IT

oklared

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum