Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts?

2 posters

Go down

Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts? Empty Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts?

Post  cpfullback November 11th 2012, 6:54 pm

As the title implies...I have an SS18 and found someone who's selling a non-running GT18. She has a number of attachments, including a mower deck which I need. I haven't gone to look yet (it's a ways away) but I am assuming it's an Onan 18 and the pics I have seen look very similar to my tractor. Are these tractor engines the same or did they change between the SS and GT years? Also, will the mower deck and other 3-point implements work on my SS18? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

cpfullback

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Back to top Go down

Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts? Empty ST-SS-GT INTERCHANGE

Post  Georgia SS November 11th 2012, 10:39 pm

WHETHER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TRACTOR PARTS OR ATTACHMENTS. ALL THE EQUIPMENT WAS CATEGORY O NO MATTER WHO MANUFACTURED IT. THE SS18 & GT18 WERE BASICALY THE SAME. I HAVE BOTH AND I THINK THE BASIC DIFFERENCE IS THE GT18 HAS A PLASTIC DASH THAT IS VERY EASY TO BREAK.

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts? Empty Re: Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts?

Post  cpfullback November 13th 2012, 7:52 pm

Thanks for the input, I was able to get the model number of the unit for sale and then hunted down the manual and compared to mine. The two Onan engines are slightly different, but the carb, points, intake, etc..the transmission is the same, front end, wheels, etc...Now it just up to price. Thanks again.

cpfullback

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Back to top Go down

Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts? Empty Re: Are GT18 parts interchangeable with SS18 parts?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down