Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban

2 posters

Go down

is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban Empty is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban

Post  JOSH_ April 23rd 2013, 8:44 pm

Well, I think i made a mistake. I was taking the front left wheel off and i snapped the bolt off inside the spindle. is the bolt reverse threaded?

JOSH_

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban Empty Re: is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban

Post  marshallgang April 26th 2013, 7:41 am

I believe it is reverse threaded. I have a 1967 Suburban 10 where I had the same problem. I snapped it off before I figured out it is reverse threaded. One thing you might try which worked for me is unthread/back out the stud that you snapped off, then reverse the stud and try threading it back in. If the end of the stud isn't too distorted you can get it back in the other way and there still may be enough thread left to get your wheel back on.

marshallgang

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban Empty Re: is the bolt holding the front wheels on a suburban

Post  JOSH_ May 7th 2013, 7:43 pm

Yep sure enough, reverse threaded. this actually worked out sorta though because since i needed to drill it out, the drill and bit ran it out for me, which is good because i only have regular threaded easy outs! i won't do that again!

JOSH_

Back to top Go down

Post  JOSH_ July 3rd 2013, 9:33 pm

just an FYI for the next poor sucker, the front left is "lefty tightey" and the front right is normal "righty tightey"-at least it is on my 66 S12

JOSH_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down