Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

transaxle not working

3 posters

Go down

transaxle not working Empty transaxle not working

Post  bradp September 23rd 2013, 6:13 pm

Newbe here im in florida and have my dads old sears 12ss around 1968 he bought new I have owned it for about 10 years it has had a lot of use but always garage kept.the problem is I let it sit for about 5 yrs and there was a leak under it it guess the transaxle I got it started today and it would not move.any idea whats going on?Thanks in advance

bradp

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

transaxle not working Empty Re: transaxle not working

Post  JOSH_ September 23rd 2013, 7:48 pm

need more info bud:

does it try to move at all?

does it grind or anything?

was it ever in water maybe the gears rusted tight from sitting?

is the belt routed correctly?

hope you get it sorted out!

JOSH_

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  bradp September 23rd 2013, 7:57 pm

Thanks josh it worked when I parked it there five years ago .It makes no noise If i put it in gear and hi or low range I can push it with no resistance so maybe its the clutch?I will check the belts thanks

bradp

Back to top Go down

Post  JOSH_ September 24th 2013, 8:33 pm

you can push it freely when for sure it's in gear and in range? hmm, keep us posted

JOSH_

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  bradp December 29th 2013, 1:40 pm

I pulled the cover off the belts to the drive and the mower and the engine pully is cracked in to and the the part for the drive belt the key way is shot.so that is the problem so now i need a engine pulley part # 634A104 looked on line and they are discontinued.is there a replacement for this pully?

bradp

Back to top Go down

transaxle not working Empty RE: TRANSAXEL NOT WORKING

Post  Georgia SS December 29th 2013, 7:02 pm

HI BRAD
I HAVE WORKED WITH ALOT OF SEARS SUBURBANS, SURE CAN'T IMAGINE A BUSTED TRIPLE GROOVE PULLY, DOES IT HAVE THE ORIGINAL 3 GROOVE PULLEY. BUT ANYTHING CAN AND WILL BREAK. THERE IS SOME ON EBAY. WOULD TELL YOU THAT ALL TRIPLE GROOVE DRIVE PULLEYS FOR ALL SEARS SUBURBANS ARE THE SAME BUT SOMEONE WOULD PROVE ME WRONG, THERE IS A SPACE IN THE PULLEY THAT SOME PEOPLE CALL A 4TH. GROOVE. I HAVE SOME 12 & 16 HP TECUMSEH & SOME ONANS & ALL HAVE 1 1/8" PTO SHAFT SIZE. CHECK YOU SHAFT SIZE.  HOPE THIS HELPS. SHOP AROUND, SOME PEOPLE ON EBAY ARE OVER PRICING THEIR PARTS.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY

Last edited by Georgia SS on December 29th 2013, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT TITLE)

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  bradp January 7th 2014, 11:51 am

Georgia SS wrote:HI BRAD
I HAVE WORKED WITH ALOT OF SEARS SUBURBANS, SURE CAN'T IMAGINE A BUSTED TRIPLE GROOVE PULLY, DOES IT HAVE THE ORIGINAL 3 GROOVE PULLEY. BUT ANYTHING CAN AND WILL BREAK. THERE IS SOME ON EBAY. WOULD TELL YOU THAT ALL TRIPLE GROOVE DRIVE PULLEYS FOR ALL SEARS SUBURBANS ARE THE SAME BUT SOMEONE WOULD PROVE ME WRONG, THERE IS A SPACE IN THE PULLEY THAT SOME PEOPLE CALL A 4TH. GROOVE. I HAVE SOME 12 & 16 HP TECUMSEH & SOME ONANS & ALL HAVE 1 1/8" PTO SHAFT SIZE. CHECK YOU SHAFT SIZE.  HOPE THIS HELPS. SHOP AROUND, SOME PEOPLE ON EBAY ARE OVER PRICING THEIR PARTS.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
JIMMY
Jimmy I sent you a PM thanks

bradp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down