Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Motor

Go down

Problem with Motor Empty Problem with Motor

Post  Buzzard November 18th 2009, 5:34 pm

The motor on my '66 SS-12 will not turn over if it's on the compression stroke. I can turn it over by hand to get it off the compression stroke, hit the key and it spins over and starts.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Buzzard What a Face

Buzzard

Back to top Go down

Problem with Motor Empty Motor trouble

Post  jbaffo November 19th 2009, 12:15 pm

I have the same problem and have had since Sears stopped selling the proper battery for these tractors. The new, smaller, batteries now in use do not seem to have the oomph to spin the engines against compression. I have to roll my engine backwards against compression and let the starter have a 1 1/2 revolution to build up speed in order to roll the engine past compression and start. Mine will not spin the engine at any throttle setting except idle or near to it also.

When the engine and battery are hot, everything is much closer to normal.

jbaffo

Back to top Go down

Problem with Motor Empty engine slow to turn over

Post  Guest November 19th 2009, 1:50 pm

i have had the same problem as i cant get any american batteries in the uk i have just fitted a new battery made by varta it fits perfectly in the battery crate it is the same power as the sears original it starts engine first time but it cost me £83.00 rgds carlo uk

Back to top Go down

Problem with Motor Empty Re: Problem with Motor

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down