Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes

Go down

1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes Empty 1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes

Post  Ben1272 April 28th 2010, 6:32 pm

I would like to buy new gear box assemblies (left and right) for my deck. Probably the connecting shaft and spline couplers as well. Does anyone know a good source for parts for this deck? Where can I find the deck's part number?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben1272

Back to top Go down

1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes Empty gearboxes

Post  1bigdog June 21st 2010, 8:52 pm

SOME of these parts (including gearboxes) are still available through sears parts direct dot com. You just need to enter the model number OF THE MOWER DECK! (Usually found on the side of a mounting plate attached to the deck) Be warned however, parts aren't cheap!

good luck

Mark

1bigdog

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes Empty Re: 1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes

Post  fffrosty July 15th 2010, 5:32 pm

I have the Input shaft part number for the right side, it is a Peerless part, 776040A. You may be able to work from there.

I used to visit a different Vintage Sears Tractor site and they had the owners manuals online, but I can't find the site anymore!

I know the gear boxes are about $170, the input shaft, that's probably all you need for the gear box, was about $9.

fffrosty

Back to top Go down

1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes Empty Re: 1970 Custom 10XL Mower Deck gear boxes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down