Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel pump question

3 posters

Go down

Fuel pump question Empty Fuel pump question

Post  markabner1 March 8th 2012, 11:30 pm

I have a 1966 Suburban 12 (hh120 engine) my question is this tractor does not have a fuel pump. As you know these pumps have an inlet fitting an outlet fitting and a pulse fitting. My HH120 engne block shows no evidence of any connection for the pulse line to the fuel pump so... did some of these engines not have fuel pumps or did they all have fuel pumps and mine is just missing and the pulse fitting at the engine block removed somehow? By the way, I purchased this tractor from the orig. owner's estate and the engine has not been replaced also the engine serial number lists it as being mfg in 1966 as well as the tractor. It seems to run perfectly fine without a pump but I am starting a full restoration and if it was supposed to be there I want to put it back.

markabner1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump question Empty Re: Fuel pump question

Post  TAHOE March 14th 2012, 10:01 am

My '68 SS12 (HH120) does not have fuel pump, but I hear many did. Mine was bought new by my wife's uncle and it does not have mount for it, not sure why some did and some didn't. I know my carb is a Walbro LME29 and I hear some are marked LME36 or 37, maybe the ones with fuel pumps were carbs with slightly larger jets....I dunno. I think you are fine proceeding without one.

TAHOE

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump question Empty fuel pump

Post  Jeff14572003 March 17th 2012, 10:36 pm

Hi, New here, but on your 12 you really dont need the pump unless you have alot of hills,i have three that dont have them and two that do. Jeff

Jeff14572003

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump question Empty Re: Fuel pump question

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down