Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suburban 12 info needed please

3 posters

Go down

Suburban 12 info needed please   Empty Suburban 12 info needed please

Post  that1redhead December 2nd 2013, 10:51 am

Hi Forum

We recently received a Sears Suburban 12 garden tractor and are needing to purchase a wiring harness for it. We are having trouble identifying it though. scratch  It is white with a yellow bottom and has a serial number of 917253060. I have searched your site to no avail. Can anyone help me identify the year and any helpful identifying information that would help us get the right wiring harness. Plus if you could point us in the right direction as to where to purchase the harness that would be awesome. sunny 

Thank you!

that1redhead

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-12-02

Back to top Go down

Suburban 12 info needed please   Empty SUBURBAN 12 INFO. NEEDED PLEASE

Post  Georgia SS December 2nd 2013, 9:10 pm

SORRY BUT 917. PREFIX IS MODEL NUMBERS, YOUR 917-253060 BELONGS TO A THREE POINT HITCH, YOU WILL NEED TO LOOK DOWN BY THE SHIFT LEVER TO FIND YOUR MODEL #. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE NEW IN THE SEARS SUBURBAN GAME, YOU WILL NEED TO REMEMBER THESE TRACTORS ARE 40 YEARS OLD, VERY FEW PART AVAILABE IN THE LAST 20 YEARS, EBAY IS THE PLACE AS BAD I HATE TO SAY, YOU WILL NEED TO LEARN TO BUILD A LOT OF PARTS, FIND SCRAP YARDS, KNOW A LOCAL MECHANIC WELL, A PERSON WITH AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE CAN REPAIR OR BUILD YOU A WIRING HARNESS, MUST BE REALY MESSED UP TO WANT TO REPLACE, BEST ADVISE IS BE CAREFUL NOT TO INTRODUCE 12 VOLT TO YOUR IGNITION COIL IF SO YOU WILL BLOW A $200 + MODULE. JUST GIVING MY 2 CENTS WORTH. I HAVE 20 SUBURBANS WITH 12 RESTORE A FEW TO GO. A HOBBY NOT A JOB. BE GLAD TO HELP ANY WAY POSSIBLE. GEORGIA SS IN SOUTH GEORGIA.

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Suburban 12 info needed please   Empty Re: Suburban 12 info needed please

Post  that1redhead December 2nd 2013, 9:34 pm

The rats ate the wiring harness completely. They even ate most of the steering wheel rubbery stuff. We did some trading to get the tractor, which came with a bunch of attachments. We are hoping to get it running to do some work around here. We checked the model # could it 91725860 or 2155?? Thanks for your help. Smile

that1redhead

Back to top Go down

Suburban 12 info needed please   Empty SUBURBAN 12 INFO. NEEDED PLEASE

Post  Georgia SS December 3rd 2013, 7:58 am

HEY
VARMITS WILL DO THAT, BUT YOU NEED ONLY TWO WIRES TO OPERATE THE ENGINE, ONE TO THE STARTER & ONE TO THE MAG FOR A KILL SWITCH 917-25860 1975 ST12, SER.2155, PLEASE DRAIN & FILL ENGINE & TRANSMISSION WITH 30 WT. OIL, TRANS. 5 QTS. I PREFER SOME STP IN TRANS. AND ENGINE OIL, THE CARB. WILL BE PAIN IN THE REAR TO GET WORKING, JUST CLEAN,CLEAN, CLEAN AND USE ONLY PREMIUM GAS WITH MARVEL MYSTERY OIL. REMEMBER THOSE GREASE FITTINGS ARE NOT TO JUST LOOK AT. YOU CAN HAVE A REAL WORK HORSE FOREVER WITH A LITTLE CARE. KEEP POSTED.
GEORGIA SS IN THE SOUTH

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  that1redhead December 3rd 2013, 1:12 pm

Thanks for your help. We are just going to keep looking for the harness on ebay or craigslist. We are hoping for a good workhorse. Can't wait to get it up and running. Definitely a project of love. Smile Will keep you posted.

that1redhead

Back to top Go down

Suburban 12 info needed please   Empty Wiring harness replacement.

Post  Dancsnrain December 11th 2013, 12:50 am

Hello 1st time here, Looking forward to trading info.

I was able to get a schematic from sears parts website and in looking at it figure out what are the wires and where they go. Now in saying that my background is car stereo and installation.
I would think that you could hire the local stereo installer and have them make a harness for you. Its not that hard to make one and with split loom and wire ties make it look better then factory.
Just me and the way I do things.

I have just bought my first. 1975 SS16 not running yet but I have high hopes. I am in need of a gas tank for it but will build one if need be.
Thank you
John
Dancsnrain
Dancsnrain

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down