Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unsure of tractor year.

3 posters

Go down

unsure of tractor year. Empty unsure of tractor year.

Post  Butch66 March 15th 2015, 10:26 am

Would like information on what year Sears Tractor also series and size of engine I thinks it's a 10 Horse any information would help would like to get it back in working condition again. Model # is 917-25720  Thanks

Butch66

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

unsure of tractor year. Empty RE: MODEL #917-25720

Post  Georgia SS March 15th 2015, 8:33 pm

HI BUTCH
WELCOME TO THE VINTAGE SEARS TRACTOR SITE, IF YOU ARE NEW TO SEARS SUBURBAN TRACTORS AND HAVE QUESTIONS JUST ASK AND SOME ONE WILL GET YOU AN ANSWER. YOUR SEARS MODEL #917-25720 SHOWS TO BE A 1973 ST12 WITH A 12 HP. TECUMSEH HH120 FLAT HEAD MOTOR. FIRST YEAR FOR THE ST12. CARB. KITS ARE USUALLY IN ORDER AND NOT TOO BAD ON PRICE, NEW FUEL LINE & FILTER WILL BE GOOD ALSO, HOPE YOUR IGNITION IS GOOD FOR IT GETS RATHER PRICY. I ALWAYS PUSH CHANGING ENGINE & TRANSMISSION OILS REGULARY, THE TRANS. LIKES TO GET WATER IN THE OIL & THAT AINT GOOD ON INTERNAL PARTS. IF YOURS HAS THE GAS CAP THROUGH THE HOOD THE TANK IS USUALLY RUSTY FROM RAIN WATER, IF SO LOOK FOR A PLASTIC TANK THAT WILL FIT. I PUSH PREMIUM GAS WITH MARVEL MYSTERY OIL TO HELP KEEP YOU OUT OF THE SHOP WITH FUEL PROBLEMS. ENGINE MODEL. & SPEC NUMBER IS ON FLYWHEEL BLOWER HOUSING, MAY NEED TO SAND A BIT TO FIND NUMBERS.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT
JIMMY IN SOUTH GEORGIA

Last edited by Georgia SS on March 15th 2015, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LEFT OUT SOME INFORMATION)

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

unsure of tractor year. Empty Thanks For the Information

Post  Butch66 March 17th 2015, 10:27 am

Thank You Jimmy for the information, This was my first suburban, but now I have another not sure what it is have not picked it up yet. The one in question is missing a coil but it has a good engine. seems to be all original and is in prettty fair condition other then seat. I have a 1966 Sears Custom 600 which was my dads I been working on it the last couple years and just about got it finished its always ran but just hadsome things missing and bad transaxle. And thing thing that you can share about the suburbans would be greatly appreciated. I just like the way the old Sears tractors look. About all my yard equipment is Sears or Craftsman. Again Thanks Ron

Butch66

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

unsure of tractor year. Empty unsure of tractor year.

Post  markjlemmon September 21st 2020, 1:35 am

Hi, This is Mark. I'm Experts to help you in the choice of your tractor Brands and all Things About tractor.

I have a Massey Ferguson what I think is an MF 20 what I can make of the serial number looks like 9A2T 40320....but when I look up using this serial number nothing appears. Can somebody help me?
markjlemmon
markjlemmon

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2020-09-09

Back to top Go down

unsure of tractor year. Empty UNSURE OF TRACTOR YEAR

Post  Georgia SS September 26th 2020, 4:21 pm

HEY ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A SEARS FORUM NOT A MASSEY FERGUSON FORUM,BUT AN EXPERT SHOULD KNOW THAT.
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

unsure of tractor year. Empty Re: unsure of tractor year.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down