Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

onan carb

2 posters

Go down

onan carb Empty onan carb

Post  JWB June 24th 2019, 6:19 pm

I have two sears ss 16 with onan motors. enough to make a crazy man go insane. Anyone know if a replacement carb exists? Does anyone know how to remove those idle screws with damaged heads? appreciate any feedback.

JWB

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

onan carb Empty ONAN CARB.

Post  Georgia SS June 25th 2019, 8:14 am

HI
A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION TO YOUR CARB PROBLEMS IS TO INSTALL A NIKKI CARB. WILL NEED AN ADAPTER & FUEL PUMP, ALL ON EBAY, SIMPLE INSTALL, DON'T GET RIPPED ON AN AIR CLEANER, SHOP, SHOULD GET ALL NECESSARY PARTS FOR ABOUT $75, YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY.
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  JWB June 25th 2019, 1:55 pm

Thanks Jimmy. Can you be more specific? i don't want to order wrong items. I really appreciate your help . That is best information i have gotten and fighting problem for long long time.

JWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgia SS June 25th 2019, 3:48 pm

GO TO EBAY, SHOP ALL THE NIKKI CARBS FOR P216,P218,P220, THERE IS A BIT OF DIFFERENCE IN THE CARB.VENTURA ON SOME MODELS, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT, ONAN USED AN ADAPTER TO MOUNT SOME OF THE CARBS. ON INT.MANIFOLD LIKE YOURS AND ALSO ONAN CASTED A MANIFOLD TO FIT THE CARB. BOTTOM MOUNT, EITHER WILL BE FINE.TAKES A DIFFERENT AIR CLEANER THAN YOURS, NOT THAT EXPENSIVE IF YOU SHOP, SOME WANT VERY HIGH PRICES, NEW MANIFOLD GASKETS, CARB, MANIFOLD,MABY ADAPTER, AIR CLEANER & MOUNT SCREWS, FUEL HOSE, FUEL PUMP($10 LISTED FOR BRIGGS), NO REASON YOU CAN'T GET GOING FOR $100 OR LESS, MOST OF THESE CARBS, ARE FAIRLY CLEAN INSIDE.
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Back to top Go down

Post  JWB June 25th 2019, 7:17 pm

Thanks again Jimmy. have carb and adapter on order. Now looking for air filter housing. Can't wait to hear it run.

JWB

Back to top Go down

onan carb Empty OMAN CARB.

Post  Georgia SS June 25th 2019, 9:17 pm

GOOD LUCK WITH THE JAP NIKKI CARB. REMOVED THE DD CARB AND INS. A NIKKI A FEW YEARS BACK, BEEN A GOOD DEAL . THE AIR CLEANER NEEDS A SUPPORT TO HELP KEEP DOWN VIBERATION, IF YOU DON'T GET THE BONNET TO GO OVER THE TOP OF THE CARB. NO BIG DEAL, WASHERS ON THE THREE MOUNTING SCREWS WOULD BE GOOD. I USE UP A FUEL PUMP ABOUT YEARLY.
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Back to top Go down

Post  JWB June 26th 2019, 8:44 am

I hate to bother you again but where do i find a bonnet.assume this allows me to use original air filter.

JWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgia SS June 26th 2019, 6:26 pm

HI
I DIDN'T EXPLAIN VERY WELL, YOU CANNOT USE YOUR OLD AIR CLEANER, WHAT I WAS CALLING A BONNET IS A THREE LEGGED STOOL LOOKING RIG THAT SITS ON TOP OF THE CARB INSIDE THE AIR CLEANER, ABOUT ONE INCH HIGH TO KEEP DEBRIS OUT OF CARB AND DIRECT AIR, EACH LEG OF THE STOOL HAS A HOLE DOWN THROUGH IT FOR THE AIR CLEANER HOLD DOWN BOLTS (SCREWS), I HAVE SEEN SOME GOOD VIEWS OF THE PARTS ON EBAY AGAIN (SHOP WELL).
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Back to top Go down

Post  JWB June 29th 2019, 7:36 am

Thanks again Jimmy. Still looking for that 3 leg stool. Not on ebay.

JWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgia SS June 29th 2019, 8:07 am

HI
I AM NOT DESCRIBING THIS PART WELL. GO TO LAWNMOWER & PARTS ON EBAY PULL UP (ONAN AIR CLEANER), FLOYDS HA AN ASSEMBLY FOR $64.99 TOO MUCH, YOU WILL SEE A 3" DIAMETER BROWN PLASTIC SOMETHING IN THE PHOTO. THIS AIR DIVERTER IS NOT NECESSARY, ONLY THREE FLARE HEADED SCREWS ARE NEEDED TO FASTEN THE UNIT TO THE CARB
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Back to top Go down

onan carb Empty Re: onan carb

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down