Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch not releasing

Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Clutch not releasing

Post  Atbone August 12th 2009, 8:15 am

I am the recent owner of a 1977 16/6 twin sears. I can not get the belt to stop turning no mater how I adjust it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Atbone
Atbone

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Clutch troubles

Post  jbaffo August 14th 2009, 6:13 pm

I had the same trouble with my ST-12 and was forced to parafin the belt just so I could stop the tractor when I wanted. Just when I was about to give up and buy the hated John Deere, I found a hardware store that sold belt with a low friction wrap mad just for power equipment. Now I have a nice soft clutch action, just like the when new.

jbaffo

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty clutch not realeasing

Post  Atbone August 14th 2009, 10:33 pm

Thank you. I felt certein Sombody besides me had been through this. Thanks again. Atbone
Atbone
Atbone

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Righton Thsnk you thankyou

Post  Atbone August 15th 2009, 4:49 pm

The parafine worked. I will keep some handy.
Atbone
Atbone

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Clutch not releasing

Post  Atbone August 19th 2009, 3:05 pm

Well the parafin worked but not for long. Anybody know any thing about the belt LOW FRICTION WRAP. I had never heard of them until jbaffo posted a reply. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Atbone
Atbone
Atbone

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Low friction belts

Post  jbaffo August 21st 2009, 10:27 am

The belts I referred to are made by MLB-Three Stars out of Ottawa, Illinois and are sold at my local Ace True Value store.

jbaffo

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Belts

Post  Atbone August 21st 2009, 4:03 pm

jbaffo wrote:The belts I referred to are made by MLB-Three Stars out of Ottawa, Illinois and are sold at my local Ace True Value store.
I am glad you came back, I saw where you were a guest and didn't know how often you came by. The help is greatly appreciated. Allen Tee
Atbone
Atbone

Back to top Go down

Post  Atbone August 22nd 2009, 12:06 am

jbaffo wrote:The belts I referred to are made by MLB-Three Stars out of Ottawa, Illinois and are sold at my local Ace True Value store.
Are the Belts you refered to made by Mitsuboshi Belting Ltd. They are the only company in Ottawa that I could find. Do you know what the belt is called, I could not pick it out on there web site. Thanks again Allen Tee
Atbone
Atbone

Back to top Go down

Post  jbaffo August 24th 2009, 12:40 pm

You have all the information I have. I will try to find out what the belt number is that is on my tractor but I will be out of town for the next few weeks so it will be a while before I can post the info.

jbaffo

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Thankyou

Post  Atbone August 24th 2009, 1:28 pm

jbaffo wrote:You have all the information I have. I will try to find out what the belt number is that is on my tractor but I will be out of town for the next few weeks so it will be a while before I can post the info.
Thanks for the reply. Allen Tee
Atbone
Atbone

Back to top Go down

Clutch not releasing Empty Re: Clutch not releasing

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum