Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ST 16 transaxle manual

4 posters

Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty ST 16 transaxle manual

Post  captainfrank April 8th 2011, 9:14 pm

I have just finished refurbishing and repainting a 1973-74-75(?) ST 16. After getting it all back together, I have now discovered the brake/clutch shaft leaks oil badly. There is lots of play in the end of the shaft and I suspect the needle bearing and seal are bad. Fortunately the parts were available from the Sears parts site and have been ordered.
However, I need a manual on the transaxle and can't seem to locate one. I am hesitant to tear into this transaxle without one. ( I am hoping I can just split the transaxle and install the new needle bearing and reassemble.) Haven't removed it from the tractor yet, but can see that won't be too hard. Anyone know where there is a manual and/or give me advice on this teardown.

captainfrank

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty maybe this guy has it

Post  MrMagoo May 14th 2011, 9:03 am

foxhole333 is the user name of a man on ebay who sells manuals for many sears tracktors and the things that go with them, there scans from a manual , to a printable pdf file, I know how you feel about takeing this apart as I have a ss12 that has lost reverse opperation, and getts further jamed up, hope this helps

MrMagoo

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty Just so you know

Post  MrMagoo420 May 14th 2011, 9:29 am

this is a atempt to add traceability to my last post ( as MrMagoo ) , I have purchased 1 manual from the guy on ebay , and found that his manuals are informitive. Please excuse any mispelled words or such as I am a Machinist, fabricator, Inventer of silly things to make my life easier. Good luck on your project , Have a nice day, Bruce
MrMagoo420
MrMagoo420

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-14

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty gear box

Post  kc May 27th 2011, 11:28 am

I have a complete assembley if you still need, The key way where the drive belt is missing the key. other than that its like new. the axles are floting type 270-906-5288 will deal

kc

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty ST16 Transaxle manual

Post  sgdorcas October 14th 2011, 7:15 pm

Have you found a manual? I have a 1976 - ST16, and 2 1979-80 GT19.9. I have the oe manuals that came with them as well as the manuals for the snow blower, mower deck, dozer blade, harrows, and Tiller. I am willing to scan and email if needed. The parts breakdown for the trans axle is a bit vague in placement of certain components, as there are so many pieces in close proximity, but I managed to strip and reassemble 3 different time before I screwed up and lost 2 nd gear.
sgdorcas
sgdorcas

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty ST16 Transaxle manual

Post  sgdorcas October 15th 2011, 8:36 am

My appoligies, the tractor is SS16, not ST16.
sgdorcas
sgdorcas

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty Re: ST 16 transaxle manual

Post  benski October 16th 2011, 12:59 am

I don't think it makes any difference if it's an ST or an SS. It's just a trim level, and the basic components are the same. Cool

benski

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

ST 16 transaxle manual Empty Re: ST 16 transaxle manual

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down