Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tractor for trade

3 posters

Go down

tractor for trade Empty tractor for trade

Post  mark65 February 1st 2012, 9:00 am

Hello. Stumbled on this site recently. First time on a forum. I have a sears 6/16 twin tractor model # 917.25180, for parts or restoration, with mower deck # 917.253110 and snow blower # 842.260051. The tractor body is in fair condition. Mechanically I believe is pretty sound. The onan engine is not siezed as I was able to turn the engine pully. I would like to trade the whole package towards a restored or good running simalar tractor so I can use the ag plow I have to start gardening again. I hope I am not being unrealistic about the tractors value. I don't really want to part it out, but i will sell the items separately. I live in CT. Thanks for looking. P.S. I have the original owners manuals for these items as well as the three point hitch and 10" ag plow.
Mark65

Last edited by mark65 on February 1st 2012, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot info)

mark65

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

tractor for trade Empty TRADING TRACTORS

Post  Georgia SS February 2nd 2012, 8:55 am

HI MARK
YOU ARE SAYING YOU HAVE A FAIRLY COMPLETE SEARS TRACTOR WITH A 3 POINT HITCH AND ONE PLOW. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IT MAY BE WELL TO DO SOME REPAIR RATHER THAN SELL AND RE BUY. FIRST THING TO CONSIDER IS TRANSPORTATION, UNLESS YOU CAN FIND ONE LOCALLY YOU WILL PAY AN ARM AND LEG FOR SHIPPING. YOU DID NOT MENTION HOW MUCH YOU KNEW ABOUT THE TRACTOR OR IF YOU HAD OWNED AND USED IT. WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE PRICES NOW DAYS TO REBUILD FROM GROUND UP IT IS INSANE. YOUR ENGINE MAY JUST NEED A GOOD TUNE UP. CARB. REBUILD IS WORTH $150, BATTERY, BELTS , PULLEYS, TIRES,
MAYBE A SEAT, DRAG LINK, TIE ROD ENDS, AND THIS BABY WILL BE GOOD FOR MANY YEARS. IF YOU BUY ONE WITH JUST A NEW PAINT JOB YOU ARE NO BETTER OFF MECHANICALLY..A LITTLE RUST ON YOUR OLD MACHINE DON'T HURT THE RUNNING. I AM BUILDING 5 ST & GT TRACTORS FROM BOTTOM TO TOP SO I HAVE THERE. HOPE YOU CAN FIND ONE CLOSE BY. WELCOME TO THE SEARS TRACTOR SITE. JIMMY IN SOUTH GEORGIA

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

tractor for trade Empty tractor for trade

Post  sgtdjl January 2nd 2013, 8:26 pm

where in CT are you located I am in enfield CT i got a suberban 12 I am fixing up you can come down and look at it or I could help you with it Shocked

sgtdjl

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

tractor for trade Empty Re: tractor for trade

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down