Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help ID my tractor??

2 posters

Go down

Help ID my tractor?? Empty Help ID my tractor??

Post  guinness October 25th 2011, 3:01 pm

I looked at all the model numbers on the other site and mine isn't there.. Anyone with info on model#917.254630? It says "Sears Roebuck & Co", it's a 12hp 4 speed unit with a 38 inch deck, and OHV. I'd like to get a blower attachment and maybe a rear digger or trencher if I can find one. This is my first rider, so I'm as ignorant as it gets as far as compatability issues. I called Sears and they told me I need to look in the back of the book to see what attachments I can use. Anyone with any info, please help out a newbie. I know a lot about old toy trains, slotcars, and Marx style playsets. I'd be more than happy to help out with any of these things in exchange for tractor info. I also made quite a few train layouts over the years and have hundreds of scenery tricks. I'd gladly share. Any info I get about the tractor I'd glady send in with a photo for the website, so anyone who has one of these can get help too.

guinness

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Help ID my tractor?? Empty Help with 38" mower

Post  Georgia SS October 25th 2011, 10:53 pm

I AM GOING TO STEP IN HERE AND GUESS THE REASON NO ONE HAS REPLIED IS THAT YOU HAVE A 38 INCH GRASS MOWER AND NOT CONSIDERED A TRACTOR FOR HEAVY WORK, NO PROVISIONS FOR A LIFT OR ANY FRONT ATTATCHMENTS. IF WRONG SOME ONE TELL ME SO.

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down