Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushing for Idler Pulley Arm for Drive Bell

2 posters

Go down

Bushing for Idler Pulley Arm for Drive  Bell Empty Bushing for Idler Pulley Arm for Drive Bell

Post  Midnight77 April 6th 2020, 7:50 am

I have a 1978 GT18 and the bushing for the drive belt idler pulley arm has gone bad. Has anyone replaced/repaired the bushing?

Did not know it was bad until I tried to start it up the winter of 2018 and found that the choke cable was broke. The bushing got so bad that it allowed pulley to till enough that it sliced through the cable. The tractor has been sitting since and going to need to get it going again so I can use it for some landscaping work I plan on doing this summer.

I know I am going to have to take the loader off to make it easier to work on and that's going to be a pain in the butt.

Midnight77

Midnight77

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Bushing for Idler Pulley Arm for Drive  Bell Empty BUSHING REPLACE

Post  Georgia SS April 23rd 2020, 3:40 pm

I HAVE DONE SEVERAL RESTORATIONS ON THIS MODEL, ALL THESE BUSHINGS WERE WORN OUT, I WENT TO A STARTER SHOP AND FOUND SOME BUSHINGS, HAD TO PLACE ONE BUSHING INSIDE THE OTHER BUSHING TO GET THE RIGHT THICKNESS. THE BEST OR ONLY WAY TO DO THIS JOB IS TO REMOVE THE BATTERY AND MAYBE THE BAT.TRAY, CHECK THE SPRING WHILE IT IS OUT ALSO THE SPRING ANCHOR, TRACTOR SUPPLY HAS THE RIGHT SPRING
JIMMY

Georgia SS

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down