Vintage Sears Garden Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help ss15

Go down

Need help ss15  Empty Need help ss15

Post  NeilWV January 14th 2011, 6:58 pm

I am restoring a SS15 this winter while my father is in Florida. He bought the Sears SS15 when my brother and I both graduated and joined the military to help the efforts in Vietnam. The problem I am having is the location of the belt idlers and the spring locations. I see a cotter pin in the riser for a spring but I dont see where it would hook. I can't make out the locations from Sears Parts Direct. They are also showing 2 springs. These parts were not on the frame when I started but were in a box. Thanks NeilWV

NeilWV

Back to top Go down

Need help ss15  Empty Re: Need help ss15

Post  Guest February 1st 2011, 10:01 pm

The main drive belt, has a spring attached to the 'clutch pulley arm' on ours. The other idler pulley is fixed. I dont have a real good picture, but if you enlarge this one enough, you can see the spring as it comes in from the top and pulls up on the clutch arm. The other end of the spring was attached to a cotter pin, attached through a hole in the frame. I'll look for a better pic....

Need help ss15  Tractorstart086-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest February 1st 2011, 10:21 pm

and here is a picture, if you look close....that shows the clutch spring attached at the top location.

Need help ss15  Tractorstart013

Back to top Go down

Post  spence February 2nd 2011, 10:58 am

See picture below for location of the cotter pin used for the clutch spring. I too saw two springs on my clutch arm when I took it apart, but only one was hooked up....this one. Winter arrived before I was able to finish rewiring, so the project will be completed this spring. It you figure it out before me, please post.

Need help ss15  Clutch10

spence
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down